1969 FLH Hand Shift Police Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 FLH Hand Shift Police Special

This '69 Shovelhead Police Special, has 13,000 miles showing on its functioning speedometer. The engine has all of the original hardware and doesn't look like it has ever been apart. The original fabric covered wiring harness is still intact. The sheetmetal was repainted at some point.

At one point the Tillotson carburetor was replaced with a Lectron flat slide which was popular back in the 1980s. Probably, at the same time, the previous owner installed a pair of later model 2 piece handlebars and an aftermarket throttle. I found a decent pair of original internal throttle handlebars which are included along with an original Tillotson carburetor and air cleaner assembly. Included is a pair of original hard saddlebags and mounts. I'll also throw in an original chrome coil cover. A new chrome reproduction exhaust and muffler was just installed. The chrome on the dash, headlight ring and front fender trim tip looks nice. The chrome on the spokes and rims, not so nice.

The hinged section of the rear fender tip doesn't have holes for a chrome fender tip. That, along with the hand shift, the left hand front brake lever with the correct cable hardware and the police special speedometer is a pretty good indication that this was originally a police bike.

Asking $10,500
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JC Hixon; 06-22-2020, 09:56 PM.

Still for sale? Call615-316-9068

Comment

Yes, it's still available.

Comment

I just discovered the factory mousetrap eliminator is is still mounted to the seat tube above the transmission. I removed the Lectron carburetor because the float needle was sticking and installed a CV carb. I'm in the process of getting it dialed in.

Comment

I've reduced the asking price to $9900.

Comment

The '69 is sold.
            Last edited by JC Hixon; 09-15-2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X