69 flh with sidecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 69 flh with sidecar

I know it has been a while, but I almost have my 69 finished. To refresh, I lost my left leg so I adapted my 69 for handicap use with the aid of a sidecar. I just finished painting the tanks, fenders etc and am ready to mount them and the sidecar. I have a week to finish it and a 6 days to shake it down.
    I am going to take it on an 850 ride from north western ohio to Stroud, Ok for a week at the Sac and Fox Nation for a family reunion and pow pow. My grandma grew up there, but I have never been there now met any of her family. I am going to pick up old Rt 66 in St Louis to Oklahoma City.
    Oh, to adapt my bike, it now has a LH throttle, rh clutch with a police hand shifter with a 3r trans, going to take a little to get use to.
    Going to take a spare generator, tools, voltage regulator, spare tire, little jack. If anyone has any info on anything I should take or any stops, please let me know. I will be protected and am taking my 14yo nephew whom of which wants to go visit his great, great aunt on the Comanche Reservation which is roughly 750 miles from Stroud. If we go see her, we will be away most of July. lol
    I will post a picture of my bike when completed. I just hope I am not crazy for doing this on a bike that if going to be freshly finished.

Sounds like a great adventure to me not something a crazy man would undertake! As for the motorcycle, you put it together, who better than you to know when something is loose, shaking too much etc! Have fun!

Comment

The lower front sidecar mount gave me a little trouble because of the front exhaust pipe. The pre fab wiring kit leaves a bit to be desired, always a bit on the short side.
      I have not ridden any of my bikes in ten years.

Comment

Working...
      X