Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy to see Palmer - Third Edition on the front porch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy to see Palmer - Third Edition on the front porch.

It has been a long wait but Bruce Palmer's How to restore your Harley-Davidson 3rd Edition Vol 1 & 2 arrived today. I have to imagine many of you are getting yours as well.

IMG_6051.jpg

Mike Love
    Last edited by ihrescue; 06-15-2020, 01:08 PM.

I have one question for those of you that have received the new books:

Does it have an index this time??????

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
      I have one question for those of you that have received the new books:

Does it have an index this time??????
      Not sure what you mean since they have all had indexes???
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Yup, ordered my set today.

Comment

Got my set a month ago. I must have been on the first mailing. This is my first restoration so this information very valuable. For example, I took my forks off and using Palmer realized I have early 1949 forks on my 1950 FL.
          John MacIntyre AMCA 40796

Comment

Got my set a month ago or so. Nice to see Bruce autographed the inside too!
            Craig (Delaware)
            Delaware Bay Chapter
            Perkiomen Chapter
            AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Oh...Happy Day!

IMG_4688.jpg
              IMG_4689.jpg

Comment

Okay, I have a question or maybe suggestion about this edition and by the way it's nice to see all the 1965 info (I also have the first edition-who new it would be selling for more than ten times what we paid for it).

As many others due, I like to photocopy pages from service manuals etc to take to the shop so as not to grease up my books/manuals.

A digital copy of the new edition of Palmer's would be very helpful and I would gladly pay for it so that I can print the relevant pages for what I am working on.
                This two book set weighs 8.2lbs and I don't want to break the binding to make copies.
                Since the Palmer's have their own publishing company and they obviously have digital copies, aside legal concerns this might be a possibility.
                I understand that this would be a huge file but with today's computers and download speeds not unrealistic.
                Maybe only make available to those who have already purchased the printed copy.
                I recognize some names in the acknowledgements of the book that are on this site so maybe they could propose this.

If this is inappropriate to attach to this thread please delete or move.
                Thanks for reading.

Mike
                Volcano, CA
                Last edited by trikemike; 07-28-2020, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trikemike View Post
                  Okay, I have a question or maybe suggestion about this edition and by the way it's nice to see all the 1965 info (I also have the first edition-who new it would be selling for more than ten times what we paid for it).

As many others due, I like to photocopy pages from service manuals etc to take to the shop so as not to grease up my books/manuals.

A digital copy of the new edition of Palmer's would be very helpful and I would gladly pay for it so that I can print the relevant pages for what I am working on.
                  This two book set weighs 8.2lbs and I don't want to break the binding to make copies.
                  Since the Palmer's have their own publishing company and they obviously have digital copies, aside legal concerns this might be a possibility.
                  I understand that this would be a huge file but with today's computers and download speeds not unrealistic.
                  Maybe only make available to those who have already purchased the printed copy.
                  I recognize some names in the acknowledgements of the book that are on this site so maybe they could propose this.

If this is inappropriate to attach to this thread please delete or move.
                  Thanks for reading.

Mike
                  Volcano, CA
                  Mike,
                  You will never see a digital version of the book. If it was digital nothing would stop someone from sharing the file. Shared files is lost income for Bruce. Back when the book was published by Motorbooks they had digital copies of parts of it online. Bruce had to get his lawyers after them to get it taken down.
                  I see you live up off Shake Ridge Road. :-) My place is on Pine Grove Volcano Road.
                  Be sure to visit;
                  http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                  Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                  Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris, Thanks for the reply.
                    That makes perfect sense, guess I'm just a little too trusting an naive about such things. Too bad the previous publishing company did that to Mr. Palmer, I can't even imagine how much time & effort that was put into these books. Not only for the current generation but also for generations to come. Much respect for Mr. Palmer - his legion of family & friends.
                    You as well...heck I'd just like to know what you've forgotten over the years...Haha.
                    I'm just east of Shake Ridge off of Charleston. Pass your way regularly.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by trikemike View Post
                      I'm just east of Shake Ridge off of Charleston. Pass your way regularly.

Mike
                      I should be there around the week of the 10th. I'd be happy to meet you at Whiskey Flat Saloon.
                      Be sure to visit;
                      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Received my copies yesterday. Great job Bruce !!

Comment

That works Chris.
                          We are moving our daughter and her family south next week and all should be back to normal by then.
                          Just let me know what day and time, I work from home so I can come and go at will.

Comment

Working...
                          X