Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my '45 essential use Chief

file:///Users/roger/Desktop/thumbnail_IMG-6235.jpg

hope this pic shows up... not too familiar with posting email photos... or any photos for that matter.

was hoping for at least a peer review at Dixon this year, not sure about entering for judging just yet.
    Purchased in 2016 from Tony Rios, a well known Santa Barbara local '40's hill climber legend. I have documentation.
    Its all new, completely new power plant and chassis work. Fenders from Ziggy in Washington. Welded tanks from IronHorse Corral, Speedo&drive from Dan Reese, lots of help and some parts from Starklite and Greer. Also Ed's Bolts (fuel valves) All new nuts&bolds from Bob Beard. Paint work by Bill Kee (former employer, Otis Chandler) at Vintage Restoration, Oxnard,CA. Engine/Trans work by Bert Solomon (Santa Barbara,CA). Many more contributors, Thanks all.

I set it up with bat/coil ignition for easier start-up/tuning for the break-in period. I have the original magneto (JohnnyEagles), idle gears, ign.switch, kicker pedal, and more for mag conversion when engine is broken in later.

Many Thanks to ALL who helped in the effort, more than 3 years. Thanks to all the posting in the forum, too. Its all been a great learning experience. and I really appreciate all the input and suggestions
    Attached Files

Roger, That's a very good looking unusual model - nice work!
    I also recognize the L.I.R. T shirt. Is that you? (as a founding member along with D. Doody and a few other friends.
    I provided ideas for the logo with what I got when visiting Jim Tagaris many years ago.)
    I hope I will see you on it when Nat'l. Road Runs can happen again. Congrat's!
    John Crawford

Comment

Roger, that looks really good! I bet it was difficult to nail down “correctness” for this one, I’ve seen very little information on non-military, essential use Indians making it doubly a challenge...I think you should be real happy with the way it turned out!
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Yea John, its me alright. And yes Harry, I looked around for a long time for many of the parts. The bike has a pretty low serial number, and I'm thinking it was produced sometime in very early 1945. The data I have says the factory had orders for about 2300 EU Chiefs. I got a mag and alot of help from Lucian Hood, he restored a beautiful black '44 Ohio Hiway Patrol EU. As bit of inspiration, I thought maybe I would put some original waterslide Civil Defense decals on it.
        Thanks to all.
        Roger Herbison

Comment

Very nice Roger. This is one a friend has been riding the last 30 years or so..

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Roger, I haven't seen you for awhile. Now I now why you've been busy on this. Nice work. Hope to see you in the saddle on another road run when this smoke clears. Rich
            DrSprocket

Comment

Crazy good effort--looks like a Million bucks! Need more pictures for posterity.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

I've got a few more pics here, thumbnail_IMG-6236.jpg
                thumbnail_IMG-6240-1.jpg
                I hope that I'm posting these OK

Roger

Comment

Roger you did fine with posting your image. You can get a little more fancy by having the image appear in the the text but there's no need to. Here is more about image posting and there may be some user tips that will help make it easier. https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...ge-Attachments

Mike Love
                  AMCA Forum

Comment

Thanks, Mike. With those instructions I'm sure with some practice I'll get better at it.

Comment

Rodger,
                      I sent you a PM with some questions about essential use chiefs.
                      Thanks,
                      Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X