Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to this forum - and a few pics of the finished bike - 48 FL Pan

Hi Guys

I wanted to thank you for all the expert help offered over the last 2 years as this bike was raised from the grave.

Special thanks go to;T. Cotten, 1950Panhead, Rubone, BigLakeBob, exeric, Chris Haynes, 41Craig and many more.

The forum has been extremely important and your quick responses and expertise crucial to the finished bike. You will no doubt spot the non standard parts and my location in London has meant some repop parts as well as originals, but, for my first Harley, it’s not too bad.

Thanks again, Greg

IMG_3643.jpg IMG_3635.jpg IMG_3642.jpg
    Attached Files

The 1948FL is my favorite post war H-D, and you did a great job on your '48, Greg. There will always be things to up-grade or change on any restored bike, but that is what keeps the love affair going My '48 is painted Flight Red, but I had second thoughts shortly after painting it. I think black looks great on your bike, Greg and I know that I'll be re-painting my bike black in the next few years. I had a good friend who was from South London and, as a child, was inspired to have an American Big Twin because of a London biker neighbor. I think it's essential for AMCA members to support, and help fellow members, so, congratulation.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

**You will no doubt spot the non standard parts and my location in London has meant some repop parts as well as originals, but, for my first Harley, it’s not too bad.

Thanks again, Greg.

Like the old adage...''I wouldn't kick her outta' bed''. haha
      Beautiful Restoration Greg, the ole' Gal looks Sweet!
      Congratulations.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Nicely done Greg, that is a very fine looking machine!!
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I like how your bike turn out great look

Comment

Very, very nice Greg!
            Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Beautiful bike, great work and effort on your part to restore to such an high standard. Don't sweat the little things like original parts, numbers or whatever; none of those things matter at all when you crack the throttle wide open and the smile spreads across your face....
              AMCA # 3233

Comment

Great job Greg! Bike looks nice and an inspiration for me to finish my multi-year 48 EL project. Too many other bikes that all need some work. A nice dilemma and a first world problem. I'm, not really complaining

Comment

Beautiful machine Greg ! Nice and simple as it came from the factory. Not all garbaged up with junk.
                  Craig

Comment

Great looking bike Greg. 'And for my first Harley, it's not too bad', is an understatement. Beautiful, nicely done.
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Congrats, that is one fine looking machine.

Comment

Congratulations, great looking bike!

Comment

Beautiful bike and great job!
                          Craig (Delaware)
                          Delaware Bay Chapter
                          Perkiomen Chapter
                          AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Thanks Guys

Just got to grips with some imaging software, looks better on Route 66!

Greg

1.jpg 2.jpg

Comment

Again, I love your '48, Greg. My wife and I are in the mountains of North Georgia right now, and will be for months I brought my '48 here, and have done some riding, but I need to do some more wrenching Gene Harper gave me some valuable tips on brake tuning and that could very well be life saving in a place like this. I'll take some pictures of the '48 with this beautiful country in the background. I always think of the great pictures pisten-bulley, (aka Harry Roberts) takes of his Indian, and gorgeous Vermont.
                              Last edited by exeric; 07-20-2020, 04:24 PM.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X