Retro for the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro for the road

Guys i understand board trackers retro or orig are not for the road....But why cant you register say a 1910 to 1920 replica for the road ? Yes i understand it would need signal lights modern headlites, and a serial number, but i for one would buy one, not sure about anybody else, since most of us cant afford the real thing....Even if it was restricted to say no highway driving. Yes i understand no major bike company would do it, but what about some of these companies making board tracker replicas.They put hand built dune buggies on the road, mopeds.....am i missing something guys..

Maybe I'm not understanding, but, why would you want to? Even if you added all the lights etc, (not to mention brakes!) , it would still be unsuitable as a road bike and it wouldn't even look like a board tracker anymore. I'm sure that if you went to the trouble of adding all the required equipment for DMV you could get it registered but you've lost the essence of the bike in the process. JMHO...Smitty

Comment

Working...
    X