RIP Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell and LAPD Motorcycle Officer) has died at 76

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell and LAPD Motorcycle Officer) has died at 76

Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell) has died at 76. I didn't know he was an LAPD motorcycle officer. Wasn't sure where to post this or whether someone already posted. Photos below.

Photo:

[END]
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282

You're looking very lovely today, Mrs. Cleaver. I think Ken Osmond was a very good actor, and obviously was a good human being. Sorry to hear of his death. My deepest condolences to his family, friends, and many fans.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

It looks like he was quite a guy. Read a little more. Had no idea. Not a typical acting resume. He served for 18 years and was shot in the line of duty. Excerpt below.

"Osmond spent 18 years with the LAPD when, in 1980, a suspected car thief shot him three times. He was left severely wounded but survived."
      Fletcher Clark Johnston
      AMCA #282

Comment

Ya, 2020 is turning out to be a lousy year Sam.
        *R.i.P. Ken Osmond. Aka Eddie Haskell.

https://youtu.be/U5F9PaJjlKg >>>Lassie--Episode #438 "A Matter of Seconds" 1967 *YouTube. **(Skip to 9:15 to see Motorcycle segment).

*M.A.D.*
        Last edited by JoJo357; 05-20-2020, 02:51 AM.

Comment

He lives on, upon the 'Net.

....Cotten
          PS: Ev'ry pic tells a story, Folks: June '65, and it ain't nothing like it "left the factory"!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-20-2020, 04:22 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I bought the 'Eddie' Documentary paperback a couple years ago. Really Good Read! You can still find them on Amazon & eBaY for 10 bucks.

images.jpeg >>>2014 Release.

osmond.jpg

FB_IMG_1448173326437.jpg

*M.A.D.*
            Last edited by JoJo357; 05-20-2020, 06:20 PM.

Comment

On his off duty days Ken would work as an officer for motion picture and TV production when they were filming on the street.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Pretty cool dude, what a life. RIP
                #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

I remember when this rumor was going around, and it's still funny.

**Another widely reported urban legend of the 1970s was that Osmond had grown up to become adult film star John Holmes. The story apparently began when fan magazines falsely reported that Osmond had embarked on such a career. The rumor was dispelled when a Los Angeles movie theater lit up its marquee advertising "Eddie Haskell of TV in 'Behind the Green Door' – X-rated", prompting Osmond himself, then an LAPD officer, to go to the theater to request that the manager of the theater pull the plug on the marquee.
                  **Osmond testified at his disability hearing in 1986 that in 1971 he was called into LAPD Internal Affairs and asked to disrobe to prove he was not John Holmes.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Hey Squirt....Good morning mrs Cleaver..

Comment

Working...
                    X