18" tire suggestions / 1947 KH.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18" tire suggestions / 1947 KH.

Any tire suggestions for 18" wheels on 1947 KH. Plan on riding the bike - do not care if looks original.

Thanks

Seems to be some confusion here as I have never seem or heard of A 47 KH. 47 UL, 47FL but not KH. Anybody?

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
      Seems to be some confusion here as I have never seem or heard of A 47 KH. 47 UL, 47FL but not KH. Anybody?

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
      AMCA #12766
      That is Knucklehead in hipster speak.....

Dunlop K-70s would work well for him.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I've run the Coker Firestone ATS's with great success. 19" too.
        DrSprocket

Comment

[QUOTE=Rollo;190044]Seems to be some confusion here as I have never seem or heard of A 47 KH. 47 UL, 47FL but not KH. Anybody?

Tom, I was on the same page as you. Who knew? I still type out all the words on the odd occasion that I text. Now if someone could tell me how to change the tubes in my computer....

Comment

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
            AMCA #12766
            Mr Hardy - I am sure sorry for the confusion - KH = Knucklehead / The hipster. Does Avon make a tire that would work ?

Comment

All is forgiven and pardon my ignorance. I don't have emoji's and hipster slang and shorthand in my vocabulary yet and at my age doubt I will but carry on and edumacate us stoopids. As to the question I run Avon MK II front and rear on my 47. I will run them on a 41 in progress and have a Beck on the rear of my 46 bobber and skinny Avon Speedmaster on the front and a Firestone Z pattern on the front and Dunlop on the rear of another 41 I have so got a variety. I really like the Avon's on my 47 the best.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
              AMCA #12766

Comment

Well, thank you sir. I had Avon's on R27 that I had years back. I will check it out. My bike currently has 16" - I always liked the look of the 18" wheels better on the KH. Good Evening.

Comment

All is forgiven and pardon my ignorance. I don't have emoji's and hipster slang and shorthand in my vocabulary yet and at my age doubt I will but carry on and edumacate us stoopids. As to the question I run Avon MK II front and rear on my 47. I will run them on a 41 in progress and have a Beck on the rear of my 46 bobber and skinny Avon Speedmaster on the front and a Firestone Z pattern on the front and Dunlop on the rear of another 41 I have so got a variety. I really like the Avon's on my 47 the best.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                  AMCA #12766
                  No need for apologies Rollo, my guess is he doesn't even know what an actual Harley-Davidson KH is.....
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Robbie and I'm not questioning his knowledge it's just that some of these things just whiz right over top of my head! Don't know why everyone feels the need to short cut everything all the time. Not to make a big deal about it but younger folks seem to be obsessed with this practice. Now I am aware and be on the lookout. By the way one of my buds just got his KH running and it has a lot of KR parts inside so it goes!!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                    AMCA #12766

Comment

rusb27826 is probably a member that won't be back. . . . Way to go.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                        rusb27826 is probably a member that won't be back. . . . Way to go.
                        So who won?

Not the 'hobby', just the divas.

....Cotten
                        AMCA #776
                        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Is this another one of your replies to a question no one asked? Say what you mean. If you're going after me, spit it out and say it plain English.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

So can either of you twats spell hypocrite....?
                            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I can: R-0-B-B-I-E.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X