No announcement yet.

rear cylinder misfiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chris,you need to drain it before for the sitting leak down and after a run to determine the running sump volume .
    Although 1.5 is the factory setting it may be to much and on mine would wet sump,especially on a longer run.TRy 3/4 and if you get oil circulating back dont worry about not enough oil.
    The return pump is not able to keep up with supply so you have the pinch off screw adjustment.
    Tom

Comment

thanks Tom, could you also tell me the gap you use on the plugs and mag? thanks chris

Comment

Originally posted by cscott View Post
        thanks Tom, could you also tell me the gap you use on the plugs and mag? thanks chris
        The riders instruction book says .020 for points but dont say which mag.I run.018-.020.
        Spark gap spec is .025-.030.
        Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom, I will give those a try....I have been told many different gaps , good to hear from someone who has the same set-up.chris

Comment

Your welcome.
            BTW the Riders Iinstruction book,I have nineth revision for 334, has lots of good info for your bike.Not sure if JG or who sells now,maybe even in the Virtual library.
            In "Sources of motor troubles and remedies"#7 Motor misfires-(a)Poor carburetor adjustment;usually too rich. (b)faulty mag (c)ex valve not seating properly,usually tight(d) spark plugs set wrong or in need of cleaning (e)weak or broken valve springs,replace them
            have fun
            Tom
            Last edited by tfburke3; 05-12-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

well I would like to report all fixed but.. replaced the intake seals with peak seals pressurized to 15lbs all good, drained case oil, fired up same thing adjusted carb , no change, have noticed when the exhaust valve stem cover is up on rear there is oil on the stem. thought this was because of misfiring , now starting to think sticking or leaking valves, they were pro re-built so I didn't think so but its looking that way...any thoughts welcome

Comment

Working...
              X