Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon Natl. Cancelation

Hello Fellow AMCA members,
    Yes, I am sad to announce that because of the Coronavirus the 2020 Wauseon Natl. Meet has to be cancelled. This decision was not made lightly! Here are the facts: Ohio has announced a restriction of NO large gatherings until at least JUNE 30. Who knows if this restriction will be extended into July. If it is not extended, there will still be a social distancing rule. I know the meet is on a large fairgrounds but I also know human nature and we (all of us at the meet) will not STRICTLY restrain ourselves and stay at least 6 ft. apart. Wauseon is ran by a coalition of 5 chapters, Ohio Valley, Lake Erie, Wolverine, River Valley and Maumee Chapters. It was a majority vote that this is the health safe and smart thing to do. Stay Safe Stay Home and We Will Have a GREAT 2021.
    Thanks for All Your Support, Mary Wheat, Wauseon Natl. Meet Coordinator

THANK YOU!

Wauseon is always one of the highlights of the year. Sad we won't get to enjoy it for 2020 -- but very appreciative of your efforts!

Here's to 2021!

Comment

I echo the last remark...can't wait for 2021..Many thanks to all the volunteers.I know it wasn't an easy call. Thank you for your leadership Punky.. Everyone stay well..
      Ross

Comment

And this was going to be my first year back to Wauseon in 10 years. Well, you have to make your best decision for the common good and I'm sure it caused more than a few sleepless nights for those with that thankless task. Wauseon was always the best meet in my opinion, and that was because of the hard work, and preparation that the hosting AMCA chapters put into it. Thanks for all the hard work in the past, and we'll wait for next year.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
        X