Need help I.D. Kayaba fork legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help I.D. Kayaba fork legs

Hi Guys, Along with a KH basketcase came a lot of early Sportster stuff, so I have spent the last few weeks trying to identify some of this stuff to see if I can use it or if it is junk. The next item on my list is identifying model and year for a fork with 35mm Kayaba manufactured legs. It seem that the Kayaba legs were used on some mid-'70's Sportsters and a couple of years on '70's FX models.
    My big problem is that I have looked at hundreds of Kayaba images on the internet but have been unable to find ones with a single bolt on one leg to secure the axle. (Actually not confidence inspiring arrangement!) The top triple tree may be original to the legs(?). The ugly lower tree has already been consigned to the junk pile.
    Any help would be appreciated!kayaba1.JPGkayaba2.JPGkayaba3.JPG

I am not a expert but looks like it is not Harley.

Comment

I could be wrong but my first though was that they didn't look like Harley parts.
      Last edited by jim d; 04-29-2020, 05:20 PM.
      Jim D

Comment

I've had 7 early 70s Sportsters and it doesn't look like any front end on any of mine.

Comment

Here are some pics of a Kayaba leg that I have left over from my swap meet days. Sorry, I don't have the matching leg.CIMG1799.jpgCIMG1798.jpgCIMG1800.jpgCIMG1801.jpg

Craig

Comment

That's for a Banana caliper left side. Only used one year if memory serves me correctly both XL and FX.

Comment

The banana caliper was '73 only. In '74 HD went to the pie shaped caliper.

Comment

Working...
              X