2020 Yankee Chapter National Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HDSmitty View Post
    I understand the possible need to cancel any event. I don't take this virus crap lightly either. I just cannot understand the need to cancel 3 1/2 MONTHS in advance! A lot can change in that amount of time and it's not taking any chances by not making a decision yet. JMHO Thanks, Smitty
    The membership of most organizations like our motorcycle club, and the Lions Club who runs the Terryville Fairgrounds along with your local American Leigon, Masons etc etc etc are made up mostly elderly people.
    And they all have families and loved ones just like we do. These organizations do not feel a need to risk the lives of their elderly members for a motorcycle meet even if it brings money into their organization.
    I gave up doing ebay 2 months early this spring so I did not take a chance of bringing something deadly home from the post office that would kill my wife with the underlying problems that she has.
    It is called a sacrifice and whether or not we like it there is no other way to protect ourselves and curb this virus. All the money in the world is not worth it in my opinion. 46EL.
    PS Smitty; I sent you a PM and will call you tonight. Jp

Comment

brettxlch- Very very sorry for your loss, 46EL, Jp.

Comment

My condolences also Brettxlch, I'll say a prayer for her. Smitty

Comment

Thanx guys ...I really do miss all the meets, people, sights and sounds, true also with carshows i attend. Hopefully by september we can salvage a few meets. If bear mtn goes on ill be their .....I apologize for mentioning my family probs, this website is for fun, bikes, good times, and no my mom wouldnt want me to stop enjoying things i enjoy doing. Brett

Comment

Originally posted by brettxlch View Post
            Thanx guys ...I really do miss all the meets, people, sights and sounds, true also with carshows i attend. Hopefully by september we can salvage a few meets. If bear mtn goes on ill be their .....I apologize for mentioning my family probs, this website is for fun, bikes, good times, and no my mom wouldnt want me to stop enjoying things i enjoy doing. Brett
            Sorry for your loss. Had some family memebrs that got real real sick but recovered. But to add a reply, your mom would not want you to take unnecessary chances either and to stay alive. Sometimes that means staying on the down low for a bit

Comment

My wife just returned from NYC where she was with a Federal Disaster Team (DMORT) helping the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner deal with this crisis. This is very real. Be careful, be well, and suck it up.

Condolences on your mom Brett!
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Keep us informed.....I for one would like to go to one show this year...

Comment

Be sure to extend our gratitude to your wife, Robbie, for her selfless service....Smitty

Comment

Originally posted by HDSmitty View Post
                    Be sure to extend our gratitude to your wife, Robbie, for her selfless service....Smitty
                    Yes same from me too, on her service..

Comment

Thank you for your condolences...., This year with covid ,death, protesting , destroying property.....I tell you this forum, jazz music, keeps me going, and of coarse my family...God Bless my friends...brett

Comment

Geez im wondering if the ROG is going to be held in OCT.....???

Comment

Working...
                        X