Engine mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine mounting

While in the process of going through some of my parts and trying to identify what I will still need to fully assemble my 52 PAN I came across something that I don't know if I need or what it's purpose is. I've included some photos and one of the photos shows a pair of what I don't know what they are for and the kit I have has one of them in it but not does not have the collar looking part with the point on it. A picture taken from a catalog shows the same nut looking part and also has the collar with the point on it. I found in the parts book the tall looking type nut with the pointed end on it and it's used on the front right engine mounting. My engine is still in the shop so really can't get a good visual. Can someone tell me if I will be using this and does it have a purpose. Also in the kit in the book there is a washer with a flat side to it and the parts book shows a lock washer 24800-36 for the bolt that would attach to that unusual looking tall nut with pointed collar, is the lock washer in the parts book what the washer with the flat side is in the photo of kit in the book. This is my first PAN and when I purchased it, it was mostly in boxes.
    Attached Files

the nut with the point on it hides under the generator, the pointed tab prevents it from turning since you cant get a wrench on it with the generator in place.
    the this sheet metal washer/tab is for the bolt that goes into the captive nut under the generator. one edge rests against the frame & you bend up one side once the bolt is torqued to prevent it from coming loose since you cant put a cotter pin through it like the other 3 bolts use.

Comment

knucklehead 61, thanks so much, that all makes perfect sense. The mounting kit I had was likely purchased in early 80's and fortunately I happened to have one of nuts with that pointed collar on it. I checked an tom's has the washer for 2 bucks. I had two of those taller nuts for under the gen but the one without the pointed collar on it also has a shorter lower part to it, could be for different model.

Comment

Working...
      X