Steering lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering lock

I will be installing a steering lock in my 52 PAN frame after I get it back from paint (powder coat) and have read some old post about using a 4-40 x 3/32 set screw instead of the roll pin. My question is how do you use to drive the tap because there is not much clearance? I got two roll pins with the lock kit from wasco and it's also unlikely I would ever need to remove the lock, so although it would be a small investment to procure the tap and screws, is it worth the extra effort.

Before you fit the lock, make sure the drain hole is clear. It is drilled from the underside of the neck. If the frame has been blasted it could be blocked with media, paint or powder coat. Use a 3/32” drill.
    If everything is correct, you won’t remove the lock again. If you go the original route, don’t hit the roll pin too hard. You can dent the body of the lock and wreck it.
    Steve Little
    Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

Comment

Thanks Steve, I am leaning toward using the roll pin installation method and it is also my understanding that you do need to slightly score/drill the lock so the pin has something to secure.

Comment

Working...
      X