47 WL Throttle cable installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 WL Throttle cable installation

With all the free time from the shut down I am in the midst of rebuilding my 47 WL. The prior owner did not have the throttle cable routed correctly. I bought new handlebars with cables. Can anyone provide me a road map or pictures of the proper way to route the throttle cable and the needed clamps???? This is very much appreciated! THANKS FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE!!! TCHIEF

You will have to scroll through many pages to find what you seek but all you need are on those pages. The bike is a wla model but the handlebar throttle control cable to the carburetor are identical. Here is the link: http://forum.sscycle.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12410

Originally posted by TChief View Post
    With all the free time from the shut down I am in the midst of rebuilding my 47 WL. The prior owner did not have the throttle cable routed correctly. I bought new handlebars with cables. Can anyone provide me a road map or pictures of the proper way to route the throttle cable and the needed clamps???? This is very much appreciated! THANKS FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE!!! TCHIEF

Comment

Both cables stay on their side of the bike as the pass the frame neck. Timing cable gets attached to frame with small clamp that is screwed into the down tube, then behind the carb and between the cylinders to the distributor, second clamp on the cylinder base nut. Throttle cable gets attached with a cable clamp to the front gas/oil tank mount, then above the front head to the carb. Hope that makes sense, good luck.

Comment

Thank You for the replies!

Comment

Page 632 of Palmer's Volume II has a great picture.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
          X