Vintage Light Bulb Availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Light Bulb Availability

Does anybody know if "old style" dual-filament light bulbs are still made? These were used in tail/brake light applications.
    The base style is like a modern "1156 single-element" bulb in that both of these have the 2 alignment pins evenly spaced near the bottom.
    Modern "1157 dual-filament" bulbs have the alignment tabs off-set on each side. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Vintage Ford in Sacramento has them. You can buy them online off their website. Rich
    DrSprocket

Comment

Another option:

www.RestorationStuff.com

Comment

Originally posted by motor-officer View Post
        Does anybody know if "old style" dual-filament light bulbs are still made? These were used in tail/brake light applications.
        The base style is like a modern "1156 single-element" bulb in that both of these have the 2 alignment pins evenly spaced near the bottom.
        Modern "1157 dual-filament" bulbs have the alignment tabs off-set on each side. Any help would be appreciated.
        Thank you.
        The bulbs you want have a designation of "BA15D" base. Twin filament of the wattage you want. These are the bulbs with the pins aligned. Available most places, and as LED's.

Comment

The bulb number is 1158. Plenty of sources out there. I look for old American made ones on ebay. One good old brand is Tung-Sol.
          Dave

Comment

Halogen replacements (much brighter, similar draw) are also available. I got them from LBCarCo.com Hope this helps. Smitty

Comment

I've also got some compact stop/tail lamps with straight pins which fit under the early Harley flat glass lens if retrofitting pre-1935 bikes with a stop light. Part number on the box is 770385. I also bought a hundred nos single filament T63 straight pin taillight bulbs years ago from Dixie and still have about half left for originality fans.

Comment

Working...
              X