Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found today in the AMCA Vintage MotorcyLibrary - 1934 Indian Riders’ Instruction Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found today in the AMCA Vintage MotorcyLibrary - 1934 Indian Riders’ Instruction Book

Found today in the AMCA Vintage Motorcycle Library

I thought I would highlight some of the things I found in the library and share them on the forum.

Today’s find comes after member Tom Finn responded on the Forum to another member's inquiry about the magneto gap on a 1934 Indian. Tom went to the library and found the 9th Revision of the Indian Riders’ Instruction Book and the reported back that there was one reference of .020 as the gap spec. Here is an image of the paragraph.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.00.26 AM.jpg

What a great resource we have and it is growing. It is another great benefit to our $40 member dues a month.

The 9th Revision of Indian Riders’ Instruction Book covers the following 1934 models

INDIAN Scout - Model 234
    INDIAN 74 - Model 334
    INDIAN 4 - Model 434 

INDlAN Scout Pony - Model 534
    INDIAN Sport Scout - Model 634

Here is the cover photo

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.17.55 PM.jpg

Indian Motorcycle starts the book with an introduction with this first paragraph.

A Word to the Indian Rider
    Use this Manual in keeping your INDIAN in tip top condition. It was written and printed just for you-as an INDIAN Rider. You will find an index in the last section, which tells you accurately just where to find any instructions contained in this booklet.
    In forty plus pages the book covers everything from battery care to wiring diagram.

Here is a guide to lubrication.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.43.25 PM.jpg

This is the back cover displaying a drawing of the Indian Motorcycle plant in Springfield MA.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.42.59 PM.jpg

More gems from the Vintage Motorcycle Library soon.

Mike Love
    Last edited by ihrescue; 03-25-2020, 01:02 PM.
Working...
X