baby bosch point gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby bosch point gap

have a 34 chief with a baby bosch ffvrs mag getting different info on point gap, does someone know the correct gap for this mag? thanks chris

The '34 riders handbook in the AMCA library says .020".

Comment

HEy Chris,As tomfill said my 34 riders says .020 but doesnt mention brand .
      The 34 price lists shows Splitdorff and Bosch available mag options for chief so probably same gap.
      Is your bike a policemodel?I have the same bike and mag and have only seen another ffvrs(with 53 in a circle" on harley track models.
      Tom

Comment

FFVRS 53 is Indian 2 cylinder and FFVRS 56 is Harley according to an original Bosch catalogue I have. Please see attached page. I will also look for point gap sugestion, but asume it is the same as on other magnetos, so the 0.020 sound OK. The contacts of the spark plug need be be closer than on a battery ignition bike with around 0.016" (0.4mm)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by gsottl; 03-25-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting that.These mags are amazing when you remove the cap and see no wires to points that spin.I think they are pretty rare.
          Tom

Comment

no its not a police model but it is a 53 in the circle, it did not come with the bike I got it from Kent Thompson because there wasn't one there. chris

Comment

thanks for the info, I did not know about the spark plug gap, chris

Comment

Working...
              X