Does anyone have seat and lock thats good enough to copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have seat and lock thats good enough to copy

I need a seat and seat lock for my 1945 Sidecar. I need it on any condition so i can copy and upholster it. Tried from that sidecar replica in poland for last 18 months but they must not need americans money. Any how if you have Remnants of windshield I will copy that also and send you one . I want to finish. My hack

What part of the windshield assembly are you looking for? I have the remains of a windshield apron that I could send you but it's pretty rough and probably shrunk from the original dimensions. Here's a few poor pictures of what I have.
    003.jpg

Steve Slaminko

Comment

Here's the other picture:
      001.jpg

Comment

Steve, I am definitly interisted in that apron. I have one thats rougher than yours and with the two I should be able to make a good copy. Send me private message and we can come up with a deal. Thanks Keith

Comment

I have the botton frame and and the two hinges and arms that attach to the sidecar. I mostly want the top frame and the windshield itself. If i han a pattern of the windshield i could get it manufactured.

Comment

Keith,
            I sent you a PM yesterday. Did you receive it? I'm relatively new to that feature and I don't see a record of me sending one. Let me know.

Steve

Comment

Keith
              Your private message box is full and not accepting any new messages. I am interested in getting measurements of your seat base. Can you help?

Comment

I emptied my private messages so now I think it will accept new messages. I am so busy these days. I will give you the dimentions of the seat i made patterens of but.... i dont think they are origional or correct so if your looking for close enough to work. I have what you need but if your doing a points bike then you have to wait until someone gives me correct size or i find one. PM me now we can discuss this.
                Last edited by Sidehacker; 03-30-2020, 12:46 AM.

Comment

I also tried to get parts from him, and finally gave up. Stan

Comment

Still not able to send private message as of April 4,2020

Comment

Thought I'd reply here since I might be able to help, and also need some help.

First, I have a very nice windshield and skirt. I can make a pattern for the windshield when I get to taking it apart to polish it. The skirt is in excellent shape. I suspect it was purchased from HD in the 60's based upon the history of my hack. My hack is a LE from 1944 and was a military police rig at Plattsburgh AFB. The family I bought it from last week is the first civilian owner. Their Dad bought it from the AFB and put it on a '67 FL. This is why I suspect the skirt is from that timeframe. It does not have the common sense fasteners on the skirt, but instead has metal weight strips down each side hem. It does have an attached tonneau that rolls up and is held rolled up with a strap that uses a snap hook and a ring. I can try to make a pattern for you so you can have one sewn. But it will not be perfect since I won't be cutting mine apart.

The seat back on mine has been redone in white. The seat on that '67 was white. The opening for the latch was covered and when I looked I see that the original plywood was used and remnants of that latch is still in there. But from what I can see, it is little more than a metal box that held the mechanism. Does anyone have a photo of that latch? I can make the mechanism if I have to.

The other question I have is does anyone know where I can get a copy of the instructions that came with sidecars back then. The manual is very sparse on info and mentions instructions coming with a new sidecar. This is my first foray into a sidecar on a Harley. I'm going to put it on my '47EL. I'm not new to sidecars. I bought a Ural about 6 years ago in a weak moment for very small money. I rebuilt the engine, including a new crank and it runs like a watch now. Electric motor smooth. Have done the alignment on that rig twice.

From this thread I see that there are factory specs for Toe-in. I would assume 1/2" to 3/4". But I also assumed that it would be adjusted via the front lower tiebar mount. It now appears that the placement of the rear mount adjusts toe.

My plan is to run just the chassis while I get it tuned in and then mount the tub and run it for this summer to see if I'm going to like it. If I like it, then the tub and fender will get painted to match the original paint on my Skyway Blue Knuck and then aged so it looks right.

Thanks for any info and let me know if those patterns are desired. Oh and a thought to Slamiste regarding that original skirt. If it is not useable, but complete, you might want to split open the seams to make a true pattern so others can make copies. Of course if it is useable, then that's a dumb suggestion.

Thanks,
                      Regards,
                      Rob Sigond
                      AMCA # 1811

Comment

I think after many visits I have room in my private messages

Comment

Originally posted by Sidehacker View Post
                          I need a seat and seat lock for my 1945 Sidecar. I need it on any condition so i can copy and upholster it. Tried from that sidecar replica in poland for last 18 months but they must not need americans money. Any how if you have Remnants of windshield I will copy that also and send you one . I want to finish. My hack
                          Good Morning The seat lock is still being made by Hanson mfg. I purchased 4 of them really expensive $5 contact me with a address and I will send you one. I have a 46FL with a 43 LE Jeff 46knuckle@msn.com

Comment

Hi Bob , I have new latch"s they are still being made by Hansen MFG and for the Key a Triumph TR3 Bonnet release tool works great also not very expensive from British parts suppliers. Contact me and I can send you a latch.
                            Thanks
                            Jeff
                            Member 5511

Comment

Working...
                            X