Douglas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Douglas

They're still out there to be found folks. My Uncle just rescued this 1926 Douglas. Hasn't moved for 40 ish years.

Resized_2001.jpg

Hasn't moved for 40 ish years.
    Understandably!!
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Beautiful bike, Peter. I have always loved the looks of the Douglas and thought it was much better looking than H-Ds Sport, and Indian's 'Model 0', or Model Nothing as some called it. Looks like a fun project.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

You're right Eric, in finished form they are a good looking bike. Should be a fun project but it's going to be waiting a while. He's got 2 others to get through first.

1926.jpg

Comment

Peter,
          Your uncle might already know this but a great source for parts and information for the Douglas is the London Douglas Motorcycle Club.
          They make runs of parts, reprint literature, and have a nice magazine. You have to be a member for access to it all, but it is worth it when owning or working on one.
          Chuck

Comment

Thanks Chuck, I'll pass that on. It appears he may need more parts than he thinks. Dad was just telling me they think it has the wrong engine in it.

Comment

Nice!!!!!! Looks nearly complete. What a find.

Comment

Very nice looking project bike, how does it look today?

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexico Brant View Post
                  Very nice looking project bike, how does it look today?
                  No change I'm afraid. It's in line behind a 34 Ford Roadster and a 33 BSA. Assuming nothing else comes along....

Comment

Working...
                  X