Swap meet concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap meet concerns

I have been anxiously waiting for several meets this year, but with the current situations going on I wonder if its going to be an uneventful summer. I realize there are health priorities, but does anyone else have thoughts on this?

Originally posted by jorrow View Post
    I have been anxiously waiting for several meets this year, but with the current situations going on I wonder if its going to be an uneventful summer. I realize there are health priorities, but does anyone else have thoughts on this?
    I'm betting it blows over by Davenport...

....Cotten
    PS: http://chiefblackhawk.org/ see ya there,..
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-14-2020, 01:45 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Keith sent out an email yesterday on this and says to look at each chapter sponsoring an event to see what decision if any they have made. I think it's going to take a little while longer before folks decide what they are going to do. Obviously Sunshine just had theirs. For a lot of these it is a partially a financial one. I don't think any one wants to contribute to the problem but they also rely on the money too so.... I think wait and see. I'm not cancelling any hotel rooms at this point but will see what they decide. It alos depends on whether vendors are willing to show and again that is a question of making money over possibly getting infected. I'm sure the thought and debate are just beginning.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
      AMCA #12766

Comment

I am a little more optimistic, I think that by June we will be up and running for outside open air events. Inside events like basketball or such is still going to be a an issue. Fort Sutter meet should be fine but who knows........
        #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

It is all up in the air until we know more. I suspect the first half of the season will be band.

Comment

Yeah, I am anxiously waiting to hear when someone makes the decision about Oley. I had plans to camp out this year instead of just doing my day trip too!
            Craig (Delaware)
            Delaware Bay Chapter
            Perkiomen Chapter
            AMCA Member #1011

Comment

I think the decision to cancel will be made by the state or feds.
              Possible 18 mos. of social distancing according to feds.
              Pa state liquor stores closed.I live on the other side of the delaware in western NJ and the PA residents are comming over to our stores which are open.Makes sense right.
              Tom

Comment

I received an email from Buzz Walneck that the April swaps for Woodstock, IL may be postponed. Nothing official yet, but he asked that vendors contact him before the event. April in Woodstock has always been a great meet. It used to be HUGE! It's still a good one, even though it's no Davenport or Wauseon. We've always looked at it as the first blast of the season around these parts. I hope everyone is well and let's hope this is all done before Davenport.

DD

Comment

This is my opinion which means very very little. If YOU are the kind of person that really thinks in the next 4 or 5 weeks that this will just simply and calmy blow over to a point where Oley PA will welcome with open arms a few thousand people from all over into their one horse town, YOU are a very very very very optomistic person...........46EL

Comment

Hey Gang
                    Covid19, presents the very real potential for us to lose the entire AMCA Swap Meet and Road Run schedule for 2020. With the G-ment shutting down all of CA and NYC and many States considering more and more restrictions on the public, the outlook is glum. I hope I am wrong, as Arlo said "I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my motorsickle."
                    Fred
                    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
                      Hey Gang
                      Covid19, presents the very real potential for us to lose the entire AMCA Swap Meet and Road Run schedule for 2020. With the G-ment shutting down all of CA and NYC and many States considering more and more restrictions on the public, the outlook is glum. I hope I am wrong, as Arlo said "I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my motorsickle."
                      Fred
                      Wow Fred!

Since D-port, at the sweaty-hot end of the summer, ain't AMCA no more,... I hope it don't make it TOO big.

Its big enough already.

....Cotten
                      Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-20-2020, 03:46 PM.
                      AMCA #776
                      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

for the state of New York as of today and possibly upwards of 45 days ALL non essential employees are to STAY HOME and if possible work from home. Both GM and Ford here have closed their factories, No gathering's of 10 or more people and would like you to be at least 6' apart. People such as myself that require Oxygen 24/7 need to wear a filter mask when out and around other people or shopping for food. Restaurants and bars serving food can only offer takeout/to go curbside. ALL other business are CLOSED. I have a vending spot at oley and don't believe that I will be there this year, as for this disease, It isn't looking good..........
                        Chuck
                        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
                          for the state of New York as of today and possibly upwards of 45 days ALL non essential employees are to STAY HOME and if possible work from home. Both GM and Ford here have closed their factories, No gathering's of 10 or more people and would like you to be at least 6' apart. People such as myself that require Oxygen 24/7 need to wear a filter mask when out and around other people or shopping for food. Restaurants and bars serving food can only offer takeout/to go curbside. ALL other business are CLOSED. I have a vending spot at oley and don't believe that I will be there this year, as for this disease, It isn't looking good..........
                          I have numerous people in my immediate and extended family that have underlying probelms along with age including myself that can make this Virus deadly.
                          What scares me is the study that this Club did a few years ago about the average age of our club members.
                          My last words on this subject is that if all you have in your life to worry about right now is wether or not Oley will be held, then you are a very lucky person. 46EL

Comment

Very well said 46EL, Thanks.

Comment

I am riding almost every day, weather permitting, and still going to ride to Utah april 1st

Comment

Working...
                              X