1968 Police Servicar Wiring Schematic/Wire Color Coding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 Police Servicar Wiring Schematic/Wire Color Coding

My question is this. Were the police model GE Servicar's, 1968 through the 70's wiring color coded differently than the civilian factory service manuals show. If yes, where can I obtain one of those schematics.

There shouldn't be any difference for any application, and virtually all were police use by that point in time. Other than the rotating beacon and radio if equipped all Servi-Car electrical is the same. No reason for H-D to add even more expense to a product that they made little profit on. What diagram are you looking at? My Service Manual shows a '66, a late '67 which would also be '68, a 69, and a late '69-70. So there were several variations. What are you running into?
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I am looking at 67, 69, 70, and 71. There seems to be none for 68. Color of wiring do not match up with schematics. Even the headlamp terminal plugs three wires are all one color of black. Looks like I will have to trace all of them.

Comment

Sounds like your wiring has been altered. H-D never used a headlight plug with all black wires. And like I said, yours should match the late '67 harness schematic.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I agree about being altered. Looked in the book and also see no 68 listed.

Comment

You guys are right. Some are still oem with color and stripes but several have been replaced. Once I get them totally sorted out I will tag them what colors they should be.

Comment

Working...
            X