Shovelhead Police Speedo Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shovelhead Police Speedo Identification

A friend of mine has a police speedometer he'd like to sell. He thought it was from a panhead but I read a thread in the Panhead Technical Discussions Forum that panheads all had male cables and female speedometers. I thought I'd post a thread in this forum and see if anyone can identify it by the code on the back and the face. In the meantime I'll be studying my Bruce Palmer book and see if I can determine what it is. Attached are some photos.

IMG_3206.jpgIMG_3207.jpgIMG_3208.jpg

Look at this....
    Speedo cables changed fitting types in '62.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rubone; 03-08-2020, 08:45 PM.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Someone has opened it and put some nasty looking screws in the face. It would be a good core for Stan to restore.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thank you Rubone and Chris Haynes for your help. I'll let my friend know it's a 1962 panhead to 1970 shovelhead speedometer and that the speedo face screws have been replaced.

I tried registering on the vintageamercanmotorcycles.com website but unfortunately the 'Type the word appearing in the picture.' box no longer works so I was unable to register.

Comment

Not sure that the screws are replaced. It was very common on those speedos for the screws to loosen and the face rattle around wearing off the paint near them. Those screws may have had a washer added if the holes were wallowed out, hard to tell from your pics
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
          X