6 inch Air Cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 inch Air Cleaners

I'm sure this is an easy question for most of you, just not me. Does the 35 to 40, 6" Air Cleaner have the words "trade mark" under the "CYCLE" within the bar and shield???
    Steve

1B01E82C-DE54-45EE-B4F7-2A6AADDE6A1F.jpg1B01E82C-DE54-45EE-B4F7-2A6AADDE6A1F.jpg
    Originally posted by shinedogg View Post
    I'm sure this is an easy question for most of you, just not me. Does the 35 to 40, 6" Air Cleaner have the words "trade mark" under the "CYCLE" within the bar and shield???

Comment

There is a 35 to 37 6” round air cleaner which has knurled thumb screws to hold the cover to the backing plate. The 38-40 6 inch cleaner is a J hook cleaner and it has the script your describing.
      Steve Little
      Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
      Australia.
      AMCA member 1950

Comment

Originally posted by shinedogg View Post
        Actually there are at least 3 versions of the 1935 to 40 Harley 6" air cleaner. I believe it goes like this: 1935 to early 1937, late 1937 and then 1938 to 1940. For sure the 1935 to early 1937 does not not have "trade mark" because it has no script what so ever. I have a few of these and will try to get a picture of one later today.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks Fellas, I can always count on an answer
          Steve

Comment

My old original cover (final Version) has "Trade" centered under the Y and "Mark" centered under the E.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Steve yes there is a TRADE MARK on the later cover. If you want a photo I can send one to an email but it is too big to post here.

Jerry

Comment

Jerry, I PM'd you.
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Little View Post
                  There is a 35 to 37 6” round air cleaner which has knurled thumb screws to hold the cover to the backing plate. The 38-40 6 inch cleaner is a J hook cleaner and it has the script your describing.
                  Steve, any pics of the thumb screws? Knurling? I'm thinking I may have to make them. Unless someone already is.
                  Steve

Comment

Just a nit pick. While the round air cleaner has a 1935 part number, it didn't come out as an accessory until the 1936 model year. For 1935 the one-year Art Deco slash cut and fluted air intake was altered by having a mesh fitted. This rarely seen accessory part number was 1401-35, with the regular intake 1406-35. The 1936 accessory round air cleaner was then also given the part number 1401-35, even though there are only two mounting lugs on the 1935 carburettors.

Comment

Hi Steve. Apologies for the slow reply.
                      The knurled thumb screw part number is 1413-36. I think there were 4 used on the round cover, and 2 on the hair dryer.

I could have shown a picture of the black 6 inch air cleaner that I didn't win about 7 or 8 years ago but I cant find it. Anyway, I have a hissy fit every time I see it, so its not good for me.
                      Your probably not interested, but I got bumped at US$1650. I think it went for $1700.

P3110001.jpg

P3110002.jpg
                      Steve Little
                      Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                      Australia.
                      AMCA member 1950

Comment

Is anybody repopping those screws?
                        Be sure to visit;
                        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Little View Post
                          Hi Steve. Apologies for the slow reply.
                          The knurled thumb screw part number is 1413-36. I think there were 4 used on the round cover, and 2 on the hair dryer.

I could have shown a picture of the black 6 inch air cleaner that I didn't win about 7 or 8 years ago but I cant find it. Anyway, I have a hissy fit every time I see it, so its not good for me.
                          Your probably not interested, but I got bumped at US$1650. I think it went for $1700.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27576[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27577[/ATTACH]
                          Thanks Steve. Great pics. Super helpful. I'd be lost without this site!
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                            Is anybody repopping those screws?
                            That's what I want to know Chris!!!!!
                            Steve

Comment

Dear Chris, I used to make the 1413-36 screws but now Colony have picked them up.

Comment

Working...
                              X