Wiring Routing Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Routing Help Please

I am in the process of putting my 65 FLH back together. When I rewired the bike in the early 70s I used plastic coated colored wiring with the heat shirink tubing so routing the wires was a simple process. I am taking it back to more of a stock configuration and I am using the cloth wiring with the cloth looms. I have the relay mounted as well as the directional lights.

And "yes" I undertsand that the relay and circuit breaker were not a 65 item, but they are staying on it.

I need some help in routing the wires though...

1. There is a 2-wire loom for the rear directional signals that goes from the rear of the bike all the way to the front electrical panel under the nacelle.

2. There is a 4-wire loom that goes from the rear electrical panel (under the downtube for the seat post assembly) to the dash.

3. There is a single wire loom that goes from the relay to the front panel.

4. There is a two-wire loom that goes from the voltage regulator to the generator.

5. There is a single wire loom for the oil pressure gauge to the dash panel.

That makes 5 separate wire looms the have to get from the back of the bike to the front of the bike.

Right now I have the 4-wire loom from the rear electrical panel and the 2-wire loom for the directional signals running along the backbone of the frame and under the seat post T in order to get to their respective spots.

With luck I might be able to get one of the single wire looms (thinking oil pressure switch loom) under there as well, but that still leaves 2 looms (voltage regulator to generator wires and relay switch to front panel wire) that I have no idea how to route.

A pic of the battery box with the relay and voltage regulator in place

Hoping that someone with a 65-69 model can tell me or show a pic of how the wires should be routed (or someone familiar with how the wiring goes).
    Last edited by panz4ever; 03-01-2020, 10:23 AM.

panz4ever,
    I have a lot of pictures saved from my 65. I can e-mail them to you easier if you want? I will try to post some here.Dingy 008.jpg Dingy 006.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 55tmm View Post
      panz4ever,
      I have a lot of pictures saved from my 65. I can e-mail them to you easier if you want? I will try to post some here.[ATTACH=CONFIG]27555[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]27556[/ATTACH]
      That would be great! I'll take any/all you would like to send me.

My email is hd65flh@att.net

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Working...
      X