Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle / brake bracket fitment

Hi all,

I have query regarding the rear axle / brake bracket fitting. The bike is a 27 J. At some point in its history the rear hub was changed for an earlier ball bearing hub. I think probably the 1921/2 hub although I cannot be sure. Although wrong for this bike the hub is in great condition so I plan on using it until I can find a 27 / roller bearing hub in good enough condition to use.

The brake looks standard for 27 with the heel and toe inner and outer band brakes. There is a lip on the hub which onto which brake bracket slots. Currently I have a l/h thread nut which locks down directly on the brake bracket and holds it against the hub, a thin spacer which looks to sit between the nut and the inner frame and a wider spacer and r/h axle nut that sit outside the frame. The wider spacer locates with the axle adjustment screw in the frame and that seems ok.

I hope the attached pictures will assist my explanation.

Its is the l/h nut that currently sits up against the brake bracket that does not seem quite right to me and I wonder if I am missing a spacer or nut or some other part. Due to the odd combination of hub and bike I am not at all sure that the existing set up is right and I have unable to discern from my parts book whether anything is missing or not.

I'd welcome any assistance

Thanks

Martin in the UK
    Attached Files
Working...
X