bubble saddle bag emblem attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bubble saddle bag emblem attachment

I have been trying to get info on attaching the red medallion delta emblem (not sure if this is the correct name) onto my black replica bubble saddle bags, I received the emblem I just bought and see that there are 5 very small holes (.03" approx.) and I am looking for advice so I don't botch this up. Also there are red stickers that go onto the metal decal plates, how do these get applied?

What year bike are you doing? Those Rocket emblems (riveted on) were only standard in '63-'64 (and standard in white) and the new style fiberglass bags already existed. Although the bubble bags are in the accessory catalogs to '68 and police units used a lot of them. Police specific bags do not have emblems though. If you mean the earlier emblem (Jet, Atom, whatever names people come up with!) from '59-'62 they are all riveted on. How about a pic of what you are trying to do?
    Last edited by Rubone; 02-24-2020, 07:39 PM.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

My bike is a 58 but has 63 - 65 tanks/emblems and was painted a very dark black cherry years ago so I'm just trying to get an era correct look only, but maybe I described the bags wrong, so the bags and emblems are pictured on page 478 of Bruce Palmers book at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertWeigand View Post
        My bike is a 58 but has 63 - 65 tanks/emblems and was painted a very dark black cherry years ago so I'm just trying to get an era correct look only, but maybe I described the bags wrong, so the bags and emblems are pictured on page 478 of Bruce Palmers book at the bottom.
        I took some pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Have you talked to the people you bought them from?

Comment

so the bags and emblems are pictured on page 478 of Bruce Palmers book at the bottom.
            That must be volume one. In volume two there is a better picture (actual photo) that shows the rivets holding them on.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Can you show me a picture of those? They must be the smallest rivets I've ever seen. I'm not real thrilled about the idea of hammering an extremely small rivet onto the plastic bags, lets just say my hammer skills were never my best.

Comment

Here is a factory mounted emblem. Note backing washers on the rivets.
                Attached Files
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I found some micro screws that fit tight in the holes of the metal plate, size 0-80x1/4" or 3/8". They look really good.KIMG0032.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X