31V Oil Pump Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31V Oil Pump Issue

Wondering if anyone has seen this before? The spring is either collapsed or not there and the plunger is stuck fast. I've tried all the usual things, Kroil, WD-40, thinners, heat, compressed air etc but it's not moving.
    On the plus side it's stuck in the hole that's only purpose is to provide oil to the primary chain. And given that the general consensus for VL's seems to be to not provide extra oil (the breather provides enough) to the primary it may not be an issue at all.
    And if it ever does come back to life when the bike is running all it's gonna do is pump oil like it was supposed to. Any thoughts?
    Attached Files

Dear Peter, I'd keep trying the old fashioned methods but, as you say, it's not vital to remove it. I suppose a weld on the end of the piston and a puller would get it out, but don't know if the piston could be dressed back for use afterwards.

Comment

I used a little heat and PB Blaster,I kept tapping lightly on the end,then used a strong magnet.

Comment

Thanks Gents,
        I'll keep at it and see how we go. If all else fails it stays where it is. It seems to want to do that anyway...

Hadn't thought of a magnet. I'll dig one out.

Comment

Working...
        X