No announcement yet.

login problem #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having log in issues: Forum recognizes my Most Recent user name and password Library does not and unable access.
    Technology is GREAT.

UPDATE: Was sent link with NEW (is this number 4 or 5 ??? in past 12 months) 'temporary' User name and Password as well as link to enter and change. Was able to access forum and Library!!!!!

Library search engine seems to have changed and is "less robust" previously could "term search" ie: "Chief" "Indian" "Scout" "Sportster" ect now all 14 pages of literature is presented.

I mean it works but when I am searching for something say "1953 Indian Chief" literature I tend to get 'distracted' if I
    see something like Henderson, ACE, Pope, Cleveland. GEE those look interesting and "brief search" finds me lost in the stacks.

Well . . . things just keep getting better. Took a moment and actually found "Advanced Search" on Library home page!!!
    Last edited by PaulCDF; 03-27-2020, 04:45 AM.

Comment

When I log-in it sends me back to log-in page,but clicking on forum it shows me logged in??

Comment

Originally posted by tomfiii View Post
        When I log-in it sends me back to log-in page,but clicking on forum it shows me logged in??
        Same here. On the current page, (in this case page 2) it has the log in box but I can "reply with quote". If I go back one page in the same thread, it has the "log out" option shown and I can "reply", "reply with quote" or "multi-quote".
        Hope some of this makes sense!

Dale

Comment

Same here.

Comment

Same here.

Comment

This forum log in sucks. How is it possible that I get the "welcome mikem" at the top of the page, but when I go into a forum topic
              it bounces me to the "you are not logged in" window. So I log in again, go to the particular forum, try to look at picture: bang right back to the "you are not logged in" etc. It's like the twilight zone. Yes, I am a member. No, my membership is not expired. Not worth the time to fool around with this.

Comment

Since Bob L was banned, this Forum has been a...Nightmare--LOL
                But realistically, You have to hit 'RELOAD PAGE' 2 many Times & a 1/2 in order for it to work!
                The Forum needs a new 'Johnson Rod'!!!

*M.A.D.*

Comment

I have never had a single log in issue and never am asked to re-log in. It is in your settings, not the site.
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Rubone, I'm in. I don't know why I was having so much trouble. It wasn't my settings: I am on many motorcycle sites (vintage BMW Owners, Adventure Rider, United Sidecar, Soviet Steeds etc) and all with no problems. Today I got an "Invalid Redirect", but it eventually hooked me up. Don't understand all the machinations. I'll see what happens going forward.

Comment

I would like to know more and specifics about "your settings":
                      To post this I had to log in 3 times
                      Shut down come back and sign in again.
                      But . . . hey it works!!!! (similar attitude keeps me chasing old iron).
                      I would happily change my settings IF I knew what I needed to do. I have had issues in the past and been rescues MANY times by "Mr. Wizard" (Mike Love). Eventually I get here and get on and get things going (again the old bike mantra). Great site worth any minor set backs.

Comment

Nothing special about my settings. It's the forum that is finicky. I just keep doing the login until it works.

Comment

Well, after getting used to the screwy login problems and finding the work-around, I logged in just now and it worked as it should. All I can say is, Thanks, Mike L.!

Comment

Working...
                          X