Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy from cleveland ohio

Good morning everyone,
    I have just joined your organization and hope to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge this site has to offer. I am the owner of a 2018 Street Glide and a 1958 Duo Glide (which is why I'm here) and I can't wait until the weather breaks to get out riding again. I spoke to some local chapter members at a motorcycle event called Fuel that brought out all the local and surrounding vintage bikes, I had never seen so many vintage bikes in one spot at any time and was just surprised which also played a big part of pushing me to join. I plan on searching the site for repair info for my 58 Panhead and look forward to talking with some of you experts.

Hi Robert,
    Welcome to the club. You're close to the Wauseon Ohio national meet so plan on attending it if you can make it. It's a great meet. On a different subject, I graduated from Cleveland State University in 1974 and enjoyed my time in Cleveland but I haven't been back to the city since. What part of Cleveland are you from?

Comment

I'm from Parma.

Comment

Robert
        Good to have you on board.
        I'm down in Medina just South of you.
        Mark
        Mark Masa
        www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Hello Robert,
          Welcome aboard! I hope to make Wauseon this year!
          Craig (Delaware)
          Delaware Bay Chapter
          Perkiomen Chapter
          AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Welcome Robert. I'm south of Youngstown.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertWeigand View Post
              I'm from Parma.
              I lived near the intersection of Snow and Pearl in high school, just up from the funeral home. Even delivered flamingos for a bit.

Had a 58 pan to boot. Almost wondering if you have mine. I sold it in '95, but didn't record the VIN :-(

Welcome.

Comment

I bought the bike from a guy in Arizona who bought it 1 month earlier from a guy in PA, the bike is wearing a 1999 PA state inspection sticker and I thought the title showed him as being the owner since the mid 70's, the guy I bought it from just buys and resells everything. My wife grew up on Renwood ave. and I grew up in the city of Brookpark.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertWeigand View Post
                  I bought the bike from a guy in Arizona who bought it 1 month earlier from a guy in PA, the bike is wearing a 1999 PA state inspection sticker and I thought the title showed him as being the owner since the mid 70's, the guy I bought it from just buys and resells everything. My wife grew up on Renwood ave. and I grew up in the city of Brookpark.
                  Oh, yeah, definently not my old pan. I was just sorta hoping it lived on in the land of peirogi, black socks and flamingos. Mine was very much a rider and I swear I sold it to a guy in North Royalton -- but I might be getting it confused with another bike. I was buying/selling a lot of bikes at the time.

We used to be friends with a family named Oster that lived off Renwood. Would be a couple now in their early 50s. That was about the only time I made it over there -- unless I was trying to get out of a ticket at the old police station on 54th.

Brookpark -- spent a LOT of time rolling up and down Brookpark Road when it used to be considerably grittier than today. We used to start at 130th, usually at Pinky's and then work our way down Brookpark to the craptastic bars across from the Ford plant.

So much good riding all over the Western Reserve. One of my favorite routes was running 82 from Royalton out past Hiram and turning on 700 in Geauga Cty to burn over to Kent and stare at co-eds. I retraced that route for the the first time in 20 years last summer on the Guzzi I keep stashed at my Uncle's place in Independence. Good lordy it was built up -- used to be almost all rural from Macedonia out to Kent . . . but once I got out closer to middlefield it was as I remembered it.

Seriously, welcome from an ex-clevelander who is still proud to be from the mistake on the lake.

Comment

Working...
                  X