Dash indicator lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash indicator lights

Does anyone know the part number or someplace to purchase the wire terminals that make contact with the center of the bulb? Don't want to purchase the entire socket assemply, just those little brass ends that crimp on the end of the wire.

Found them;
    https://www.store.ynzyesterdaysparts...b-sockets.html

Comment

Just tried to order some and unfortunately they have minimum order restrictions and I would have to order 75. With shipping the cost would be 40.24. I will keep looking, I did find something else that would work but not as robust.

Comment

You might try a good hardware store for some small hollow rivets preferably brass or copper because those will solder better to the wire.
        Dave

Comment

Just get some small tubular brass rivets and drill the hole clean through the head. Or you can just use small copper washers to solder on to the end of the wire and slide a piece of shrink tubing up to it. They are called copper burrs. There is no reason that you need the small tail on the end like the original.
          Jim D

Comment

Try Rhode Island Wiring Supply

Comment

Also, NAPA has the crimp on style

Comment

The rhode island wiring service website doesn't have much. I did see what NAPA has and they look like it could work but before I commit to those I will keep looking for more of the OEM type connector. Someone suggested finding a rivet and the closest I could find to the size that would work is not solid brass but brass coated steel. I estimate the rivet would need a 1/8 inch shaft, 3/16-1/4 inch shaft length, and the head size of 3/16.
                I did find some at below, package of 8 for 12.95 but then another 14.00 for shipping.

https://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LC%2D8

Comment

Have you tried Bart at Old Dude?

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                  AMCA #12766

Comment

maybe you could purchase a double contact bulb socket at Autozone for $3 and throw away what you don't need.

Comment

Working...
                    X