No announcement yet.

1940 EL Title 4 Sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have an engine with good numbers and you are too lazy to get a title you buy one of these and go to DMV and explain that you installed a different engine.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

40 years ago I did this regularly in Wisconsin because I had a stack of titles I had bought from a dealer. I do not know if it still works. Jerry

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
      If you have an engine with good numbers and you are too lazy to get a title you buy one of these and go to DMV and explain that you installed a different engine.

Comment

He has 4 or 5 new ones listed. One is an early 37 EL. It would be interesting to see if anyone has cases with these numbers.
        Steve

Comment

I keep checking his titles against my engine case VIN numbers.

Jerry

Originally posted by shinedogg View Post
          He has 4 or 5 new ones listed. One is an early 37 EL. It would be interesting to see if anyone has cases with these numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
            I keep checking his titles against my engine case VIN numbers.

Jerry
            Not quite on topic but anyway,
            I have some mismatched JD cases and every time one comes up, I check in case i can match up another set. Always a long shot, but you never know.

Comment

Being from PA the name on the title must appear before a notary with valid ID to sign over title on seller line, absolutely no way a title can be transferred in PA without seller appearing before notary (unless the owner is dead and an executor of estate with power of attorney). These titles are wall hangers and get big money because they have good patina I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbalowe View Post
                ... These titles are wall hangers and get big money because they have good patina I guess.
                Try to use one in Illinois, Folks,

Or any out-of-state 'title mill' ('mail fraud'),..

The machine may be 'red flagged' to where it can never be titled in the State.

...Cotten
                PS: "Open titles", such as dealers were issued long ago, have been illegal in Illinois for decades.
                (That doesn't mean they didn't "escape" in modern times!)
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-19-2020, 03:39 PM.
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Here is another Title Service.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...t/302401442405

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbalowe View Post
                    Being from PA the name on the title must appear before a notary with valid ID to sign over title on seller line, absolutely no way a title can be transferred in PA without seller appearing before notary (unless the owner is dead and an executor of estate with power of attorney). These titles are wall hangers and get big money because they have good patina I guess.
                    Unless the title is brought to another state, all it has to do is be signed in most states. Buyer's name and signature is all that's needed in Alaska.
                    Steve

Comment

Same in Wisconsin. I was told by a Wis DMV official that they usually do not a question a title until someone complains. They automatically assume it is legit unless something is fragrantly obvious.

Jerry

Unless the title is brought to another state, all it has to do is be signed in most states. Buyer's name and signature is all that's needed in Alaska.

Comment

Signing over a title is called signing in blank without a notary stamp and is a chargeable offense in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
                          Same in Wisconsin. I was told by a Wis DMV official that they usually do not a question a title until someone complains. They automatically assume it is legit unless something is fragrantly obvious.

Jerry
                          So it seems that these titles can be re-titled in at least Wisconsin and Alaska, probably more. Obviously nobody is going to try in PA!!
                          Steve

Comment

I got mine out of state without a title. I live in Wisconsin and jumped through a few hoops but its not that bad. With title fee, sales tax, local tax, license fee total of $373. Tax is charged on what I paid for it. I had to get bonded through a bonding company. That was $100. I would like to got by for less but it was not as bad as some people have to pay. Just my 2 cents worth!!

Comment

In NM if a title is from out of state the vehicle must be inspected before a title is issued. And a pair of cases does not constitute a vehicle, it must be complete (no baskets). And if the title required a notary "at the time of issue" whether it is needed now or not it must be notarized. Even older in state titles that were issued back when a notary was required still must be notarized despite being no longer required.
                              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Wow, interesting Robbie. This thread is starting to be a lesson on where and where not to title a bike with just a paper title! Good to know these things as a fella never knows where he's gonna end up!
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X