Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 EL Title 4 Sale.

Hello,
    Spotted this, don't know if it's legit. *Good Luck.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mpo/7057524192.html

*M.A.D.*

I see titles on E-Bay and other places, does any one actually buy them?? I have a 38 UL, and a 49 EL titles giving to me a old dude who was 80 or so years old when I bought a 48 FL from him, he said both bikes had been crashed and then scraped, both titles are from around 1951. The address on the title for the UL is the Eldorado hotel, Eldorado, Kansas.never thought of selling them!

Comment

Lots of titles on eBay and 90%+ are from Pennsylvania. Check out this guy on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=lornfornwal0

Comment

Yea, I have seen them, Pennsylvania must be like Kansas very easy to get a title for pre 1949 cars or bikes,really I can go get a title with just a bill of sale for a bike with any VIN# I could make up,crazy! Wonder if the E-Bay guy actually sales any of them.

Comment

It would be a 'red flag' in Illinois, Pan620!

The ISP investigator who 'vetted' me for incorporation had a wall display of not only titles, but number blocks sawn from cases and headstocks.

It was awesum.

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

The title seller from Pennsylvania has lots of sales in completed sales.
            Jim D

Comment

Originally posted by jim d View Post
              The title seller from Pennsylvania has lots of sales in completed sales.
              Correct Jim, and he's sold a ton around what must be the going rate of...$700 dollars.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Pennsylvania is not a easy state to get a title in. Most people go out of state to get a title even if they have a good validated bill of sale. I think most go to Vermont. There are some mega big wholesale car auctions in Pennsylvania. I have been told that one of the reasons is because of strict vehicle titling laws in Pennsylvania. It cuts down on title shenanigans in the wholesale used car market. Manheim Auto Auction 18,000 employees and about 8 million cars a year the leader in North America.
                Jim D

Comment

Originally posted by jim d View Post
                  Pennsylvania is not a easy state to get a title in. Most people go out of state to get a title even if they have a good validated bill of sale. I think most go to Vermont. There are some mega big wholesale car auctions in Pennsylvania. I have been told that one of the reasons is because of strict vehicle titling laws in Pennsylvania. It cuts down on title shenanigans in the wholesale used car market. Manheim Auto Auction 18,000 employees and about 8 million cars a year the leader in North America.
                  So Jim - what explains all the loose PA titles floating around the internet?

Jerry

Comment

Those who buy them then ask "since I own the title, and I bought the bike without a title, how do I go about putting the titled numbers on the engine? Because obviously there must be a way to do it."
                    Take the bike and title down to your local auto theft squad, and they'll take care of it for you.
                    The Linkert Book

Comment

Originally posted by kitabel View Post
                      Those who buy them then ask "since I own the title, and I bought the bike without a title, how do I go about putting the titled numbers on the engine? Because obviously there must be a way to do it."
                      Take the bike and title down to your local auto theft squad, and they'll take care of it for you.
                      kitabel, the Vin number's have been kicked around to death on this forum...But if You have the time, hit above right 'Advanced Search' for...'Thread: (Vin nmber discussions). Some interesting reading, but lengthy.
                      As far as VIN altering goes, i believe it is a felony regardless of which state you reside in.

*M.A.D.*
                      Last edited by JoJo357; 02-11-2020, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Jerry, not sure why this guy has so many open titles. I think that all Pa titles in the hands of a private owner are to be in that persons name. A dealer may hold a open title until it is resold. If I sell a vehicle to a person in Pa they must put it in there name even if they are not going to register it for the road. The state collects sales tax every time it is sold unless a dealer has it and is going to resell it. You can buy a vehicle out of state that has a notarized title and bring it in and have it put in your name. But if I sell one to another resident it must be in my name. I always check with PennDOT when buying a vehicle from out of state.
                        Jim D

Comment

Perhaps I should check with you in advance to get approval of what I'm going to post?
                          The Linkert Book

Comment

I think the guy has someone inside the DMV who has access to old titles that are not in circulation, or haven't been claimed by an estate. It's something like that because the names on the titles are real people that are deceased. I looked up a couple of them on Google and they existed in Penn. I believe the serial numbers are legit. This is an "Inside Job".
                            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by shinedogg View Post
                              I think the guy has someone inside the DMV who has access to old titles that are not in circulation, or haven't been claimed by an estate. It's something like that because the names on the titles are real people that are deceased. I looked up a couple of them on Google and they existed in Penn. I believe the serial numbers are legit. This is an "Inside Job".
                              Steve

That was kind of what I was thinking. They all seem to be from 1979 to 1982 and they all look newly printed. The owners may be deceased but that doesn't mean the bikes are.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
                              X