Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im the FNG and glad to be here!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jason, I have been an avid motorcycle rider/owner for the better part of 30 years. I currently own 11 bikes of varying years and makes. I live in the Boise area and just recently bought a couple bikes that I would love to get finished up. My two current gems that I am looking to focus my attention on are a 1930 Indian Scout 101 and a 1920 Indian Daytona Board Racer. I look forward to looking around the website and checking out some of the cool bikes! Thanks!

Welcome. This is a great place for getting help with questions. How about some pictures of your machines.

Steve Slaminko

Comment

Here is some of them.

IMG_20200123_233711_380.jpg1.jpg1.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Jason. That's some really cool stuff!

Steve Slaminko

Comment

Welcome Jason! That 101 in the photo looks pretty darn good if you ask me! Is your goal a 100% correct restoration, or more of a mostly correct rider?
          Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
            Welcome Jason! That 101 in the photo looks pretty darn good if you ask me! Is your goal a 100% correct restoration, or more of a mostly correct rider?
            Hi, thank you! I am really only planning on finding the air cleaner for it and having the seat re-done. It is going to sit in my office, right next to the hummer, lol. Funny thing, when I was 16 (im 49 now), my uncle had a '39 chief that was the most incredible thing I had ever seen up to that point in my life. From then on I have always wanted a mid to late 30's chief, until I saw a 101 in person! I need to do some research and make sure that I get the seat re-done in teh correct color, stitching and style, then from there, just stare at it, lol.

Comment

Thanks Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by Louggle View Post
                I need to do some research and make sure that I get the seat re-done in teh correct color, stitching and style, then from there, just stare at it, lol.
                Messinger 3 or 4 is what you want, it’s a half pan seat and Michael Paquette at Worsham Castle can make it with the right stamp, color, and stitching...you just need to find the pan.

Comment

Wow, thanks Harry, I really appreciate the help! Can you tell me if the current seat looks correct or tell me how I can check to see what pan I have on my bike? Will there be any markings underneath on the pan itself?

Comment

Welcome Jason. Knowledge abounds here. Nice bikes you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Paps View Post
                      Welcome Jason. Knowledge abounds here. Nice bikes you have.
                      Hi Paps, thank you! I am definitely looking forward to dipping into a bit of that knowledge!

Comment

can you show more pictures of the hummer stand?
                        i've got a bunch of them, & could use a better way to display them.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead 61 View Post
                          can you show more pictures of the hummer stand?
                          i've got a bunch of them, & could use a better way to display them.
                          Hi, sure thing, here you go. Let me know if you have any other questions.

20200131_084956.jpg20200131_085001.jpg20200131_085020.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Louggle View Post
                            Can you tell me if the current seat looks correct or tell me how I can check to see what pan I have on my bike? Will there be any markings underneath on the pan itself?
                            Jason, no markings, but it's a half pan and it will look like this underneath. Yours appears maybe to be a full pan seat?

Comment

Working...
                            X