Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: A Complete set of Indian Motorcycle Illustrated / Indian Motorcycle Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the response from Worldcat.org:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding Indian Motorcycle Illustrated.

Unfortunately, our collection of this publication is kept offsite and has not been inventoried, so I do not have any record of how many issues we have. Our record does not show an end date of publication, but does show that Indian Motorcycle Illustrated was published twice a year. Our record also shows that it is continued by Indian Illustrated which began in 1996. Indian Illustrated was published four times a year, but again there is no end date listed.

Taking a look at records in the database WorldCat, the only other library that has this is the New York Public Library. NYPL does not show exactly how many issues they have either, but also show this being continued by Indian Illustrated in 1996.

Ulrich's Periodical Directory lists this publication along with Indian Illustrated and says they ran between 1993 and 1998, but it doesn't show at what point the titles changed, or the number of issues. The Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media unfortunately does not list either title. There is not an official list of periodicals published, so directories are the best place to find this type of information."

-John

Comment

I was finally able to find someone selling the four I needed, as well as an issue published by a different company that was a retrospective issue on various makes and models.
      Also picked up an extra book. Thanks to Sergio in California.

-JR

Comment

Here are some for sale on Ebay..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-16-I...wAAOSw~vVe9iY3
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
        X