Linkert MR-2 Carburetor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkert MR-2 Carburetor ?

I've never seen a Linkert like this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STOCK-HARLE...sAAOSwNlleLxSM
    Craig

P.S. I hope the link works.

There are fair number of examples around. Barrel valve racing carb, most often used with alcohol. There was an older Schebler version as well.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Robbie. This the first racing Linkert of this style that I've ever seen. Others that I've seen are like the MR-4A that I asked about a while back.
      Craig

Comment

I think I had a MR2 on my 1950 WR and a MR4 on my 1960 KR, both running on regular gasoline. No choke, so you have to put your hand over the intake to start them in cold weather. These racing carbs are highly desirable and expensive, but it's hard to see how they outperform the regular Linkert M series.

Comment

Probably an MR3 Steve (some also were aluminum), MR2s are three bolt carbs and don't fit a WR manifold without some sort of adapter which would decrease performance.
          Last edited by Rubone; 01-28-2020, 07:58 AM.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank you Robbie for correcting my increasingly flaky memory.

Comment

My local HD dealer has a WR hill climber with a MR 2 on it, looks very different than MR 3 and 4. He raced it up and down the west coast with good success!
              Last edited by KNUCK; 01-29-2020, 01:58 PM.
              #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

What changes are needed to run an MR2 on gasoline? The one I have is set up for alcohol. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X