X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for letting me in on Forum discussions

Comment

Gosh, Mike,..

I click on the .org link, and I'm told it is not a secure site.

I blast through anyway, get the email sent to me,... and the password fails.

The bot apparently doesn't like "Cotten" either, although that's what it shows for my user name.

This could take days.

....Cotten
      PS: On the forum, 'My Profile' only appears as an option after clicking the carat by my user name.

But then there is no 'pencil': WIN10, Brave browser.
      Neither 'Edit Settings', nor 'User Settings' by my name, show any email address choices for me.
      Maybe try again later...

PPS: Just tried three different first names assigned to me over the years:
      "Could not match your email address and first name to the membership database. Try again, or contact ClubExpress at support@clubexpress.com - we may not have your current email address."

Another wasted lunch hour.

D'Oh!..
      Just got four emails from the bot with passwords that don't work, which makes sense since I didn't request them: "Carlene Kronau" needs a re-boot.

PPPS: After multiple re-tries, I was finally sent a temp password that worked! Then the window with the next instructions vaporized before I could read it... So I have yet more hoops to jump through.. .. .. (Can't imagine what this would be like on a phone.)

PPPPS: Managed to get through it and hit 'save', Folks!...

But the forum won't let me log on with the new user and password. Thankfully, my old one works for now... (My first computer experience was with a Federal laboratory, and whenever we shut off the terminal,.. It printed out how much time we wasted. That was in the late '70s.)

Now I fear logging out. Here goes anyway.

PPPPPS: After changing password and user name successfully yesterday, I can only log on to the forum today with my old password and user name. It appears that jumping through all the hoops was tor the new AMCA Website only, which I never visit anyway.
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-30-2024, 08:57 AM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Tom, my recent issue came when I signed in and visited the "vintage m/c library". Once I got done there, went to sign in to the forum and it said my password was wrong. I keep my user name and password "remembered" so I don't have to type it in each time. So I didn't make a typing mistake. After many tries and having to wait because I failed 5 times, I went through the process of changing my password for the forum. Changed my password to the same thing, Voila! Back to where I started and got in.

Dale
        Last edited by painterdale; 01-29-2024, 07:26 PM.

Comment

"Thanks for letting me in on Forum discussions"

Welcome Gillesleor
          Any pictures of your bike(s)?

Comment

At the moment I am working on anIndian 841 ,this is my WLC 1942 and 1942 XA
            Attached Files

Comment

841 having a hard time to produce photos of my three motos

Comment

Good picture of the 841 Thanks. I am working on an Indian 741 and it looks like your 841 build is farther along.

This is usually the point where I suggest checking out your local AMCA Chapter if you have not already done so.
                Chapter locator link here:
                Chapter Finder - The Antique Motorcycle Club of America

Again Welcome!

Comment

Back to the original topic; Oh Boy! Like Cotten said "More hoops to jump through". unquote. Would it be possible to just transfer current member's information to the "new website"? For folks like myself thar aren't so computer savvy this can be a real PITA.
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by painterdale View Post
                    Tom, my recent issue came when I signed in and visited the "vintage m/c library". Once I got done there, went to sign in to the forum and it said my password was wrong. I keep my user name and password "remembered" so I don't have to type it in each time. So I didn't make a typing mistake. After many tries and having to wait because I failed 5 times, I went through the process of changing my password for the forum. Changed my password to the same thing, Voila! Back to where I started and got in.

Dale
                    If this happens Dale, you could reboot your computer and start over. I think thigs can get corrupted when you have asked the computer to remember your login. But when you reboot it should start fresh and default to your longtime login.

Let me know if you need anything.

Mike Love

Comment

All the hoops were just for https://antiquemotorcycle.org., Folks!

That password will not work on the forum,

Unless you change both sites' user names and passwords to the same,

If you can.

....Cotten
                      AMCA #776
                      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post

If this happens Dale, you could reboot your computer and start over. I think thigs can get corrupted when you have asked the computer to remember your login. But when you reboot it should start fresh and default to your longtime login.

Let me know if you need anything.

Mike Love
                        Thanks, Mike!

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by gillesleor@icloud.com View Post
                          841 having a hard time to produce photos of my three motos

If you follow this link it goes to an article on how to post a photo.

https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...ge-attachments

Contact me at mikelove44@gmail.com if I can help. That is my job here on the forum.

Mike Love
                          AMCA Forum
                          Admin/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                          X