Throttle spirals 66 flh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle spirals 66 flh

I borrowed a throttle spiral from a friend. I assembled the throttle in the handle bar. Turned it and it pulled the
    Throttle wire. I have a 66 flh and am going to install a dc-7 linkert. I’m pretty sure it requires a push throttle. (I feel I need to double check myself). Is this spiral unique....I know the throttle on my 57 servi car was a push, but that had springer bars on it. I’m not sure about the pan head linkerts, whether push or pull.

The spirals my friend had were all the same. Counterclockwise rotation from the handlebar side of the spiral. I’m assuming that reversing the direction of the rotation will push the wire.

Any clarification would be helpful.....thank you Doniii

You need a push spiral. The pull were used on Bendix carbs right before the external type became common. And yes, reversing the direction of the spiral reverses the direction of the wire. Pull Spirals are also used on Servi-Cars with left side throttle and right shift because when they are interposed they behave in reverse. That is why Panheads with push throttles use the same spiral on the left for the timing advance, It becomes a pull on that side.
    Are you confused yet??
    It goes on
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Rubone.....surprisingly I followed that. So as I look into the spiral it should go clockwise to give me a push throttle
      Doniii

Comment

Working...
      X