Handle bars for 66 flh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handle bars for 66 flh

Does anyone have any info on what handle bars are correct for a 1966 FLH.
    I’m aware that they are 2 piece with internal throttle on the right only and using the cast iron clamp/riser.
    I have a set that I believe I removed from a 1974 flh 20 years ago. Towards the grip they are smooth, and have the slot for the spiral and threads in the end. When raiding my friends parts stash, I found a few sets that have a “ring” built into the handlebars where the grip starts. While looking at factory pics it’s hard to tell what style they are. The 58 to 68 parts book lists 10 different bars. I’m a little confused. The Difference between speedster bars and buck horns. I’m not sure what is correct. Any info would be appreciated
    Doniii

Virtually all FL/FLH had Buckhorn bars as standard fitment. The bars have the "ring" on both sides with the right side having the slot and threads for an internal spiral and the left having a larger diameter sleeved section to allow standard grips to fit. They will have switch holes on both sides due to fitment on bikes with electric start and passing lamps (spotlights). Buckhorns are wider and taller than Speedster. Sportster high buchorns are taller yet but not as wide. They should look like the middle set in these pics.
    Attached Files
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I think 65 was the last year Speedster bars were an option.
      VPH-D

Comment

Once again thank you for the info...I’ll have to go back to my buddy’s stash and see what matches up with the pics

Comment

Left bar photos.DSC06444mp.jpgDSC06445mp.jpg
          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
          X