Lost 1938 Harley Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 1938 Harley Frame

My frame guy sent me a picture last week that took a big load off of me. I dropped off a frame with him more than 10 years ago for repair. Not long after, he had big personal problems and lost his home and a few years later his wife suddenly died. He told me that my frame was buried in one of several storage units. 2 years ago he told me that he had NO frames and that someone must have stolen it. I was very upset, but he has been a good friend for over 30 yrs. Last week he was cleaning out one of the storage units and there it was, buried under a bunch of household goods. Mystery solved. I bought this frame + a lot of other good old H-D parts at the 1991 Ed Miller auction. ( See Ed Miller Collection in Harley-Davidson Other )

Craig20191228_110947.jpg

Wow, glad it finally had a good outcome, it is worth just a little more now!

Comment

Pan620; I dug out my receipt from the auction. I paid $500.00 for it.
      Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 41craig View Post
        Last week he was cleaning out one of the storage units and there it was, buried under a bunch of household goods. Mystery solved. I bought this frame + a lot of other good old H-D parts at the 1991 Ed Miller auction. ( See Ed Miller Collection in Harley-Davidson Other )

Craig[ATTACH=CONFIG]27071[/ATTACH]
        Its always interesting to hear stories of things once lost and then found again. So is your friend now going to do the work you had originally asked for? Glad this turned out well.

Mike Love

Comment

Yes ! Once he gets his health issue taken care of. The problem with the frame is that the seat post tube was cracked by the rear motor mount/transmission mount. And he has a frame section ( that I forgot about ) that he will cut and swap out. I bought 2 frames at the auction. I mid '40's frame with the springer. The '38 frame and 2 rear sections that were cut just below the sidecar loops on the bottom and on top where the backbone goes into the top seat post casting. Also the frame piece mentioned above which is the top seat post casting, seat post tube down to the bottom rails.
          Craig

Comment

Does my heart good to read about stuff like this. There are lots of good people in the world.

Comment

Working...
            X