Tire recommendation for a L20T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire recommendation for a L20T

What is a good non clincher tire and a good tire size to run on a L20T that is going to be ridden alot. I put 18's on it but it looks a little awkward because they do not fill the radius of the fender very good. Just wondering if there is something a little taller in later style dependable tire that I could run.

Jerry

19 inch vl rims. Avon mkii 3.50x19. Getting hard to find . Look for older ones made in uk. Tires are hit or miss with ones from India. Dunlop has that size also. 4x19 fits rear of 25 up.
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Check with Replicate Metals in the states I believe is the name for 19" rims.
      DrSprocket

Comment

Yes I am running the 19" MKII's on my 1925 but I was hoping that maybe something a little taller was available.

Thanks for the replies. Jerry

Comment

MKII comes in a 3x21. I never tried it for fitment.
          rob ronky #10507

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
            MKII comes in a 3x21. I never tried it for fitment.
            Rob Where are these available? Jerry

Comment

Jp cycle, amazon. $102 each. These are a front rib style tire
              rob ronky #10507

Comment

Jerry,

For my 24 Chief sidecar rig on the Cannonball I built up 19" wheels. Most 19" tires are low profile, so they look pretty stupid on an old bike. I decided to go with Coker diamond tread 4:00 x 19 tires. They look great and fill the fender well, outside diameter is 27". They are soft and grip well. I have well over 5000 miles on the front and sidecar tires, plenty of tread left, however I'm on the 4th rear! Riding at speed, loaded and bucking cross or head winds cross country does a lot of scrubbing on the rear wheel! Another consideration is Heidenau, they have an online catalog and they have a vintage tire that looks good and is a high profile. I couldn't use them because it was too wide for my early front end, wouldn't clear the spring links.

Gene

Comment

I run Coker ATS Firestones I believe is the name, tall profile and an aggressive tread that wears like iron. 19 X 4:00.
                  DrSprocket

Comment

Working...
                  X