1048 Indian Chief pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1048 Indian Chief pattern

I would like to change my Chief to a different shift pattern, I would like 1st back and 2nd and 3rd forward. It looks like I need to flip the transmission bell crank over and was wondering who do you recommend I buy it from?
    Thank you
    Joe

Trying to wrap my head around this....what happens if you just reverse the bell crank lever on top of the shift tower so that it’s pointing up?

Wait...I see Greer’s sells a bell crank specifically for this purpose! And couldn’t one simply machine in a second key slot into the existing bell crank so that you can reverse it?
    Last edited by pisten-bully; 01-12-2020, 01:02 PM.
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Look at the tank shifter end .I think you can reverse the pattern there.
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
        Look at the tank shifter end .I think you can reverse the pattern there.
        Tom
        Tom, if it’s RH shift I don’t see that happening...but like I said I’m trying to wrap my head around this!

How about going to a Jockey style shifter, that may do it!
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Forgot its rt hand shift with no option.
          Yes the jockey would give the desired pattern.
          You cant flip the trans lever because the exhaust port fins bulge out and would hit the rod.
          Tom

Comment

Joe I have done this recently and yes you need to flip the arm around , Tom is right too I needed to trim the fins down to clear for movement but I really like the set up . You cannt pick where I have trimmed the barrel . I got the gear level from a swap its a home made job rough but works get , plus I still use R/H throttle , Rob

Comment

Working...
            X