No announcement yet.

1912 Harley rear wheel clutch ? Help me identify this box of parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cylinder, and head are Indian, circa 1910 and later, and the handlebar gooseneck looks to be around the same vintage Indian. The clutch is Harley and looks the same as the clutch plates in my '16J; could be rear wheel clutch like a '12 and later, but I wouldn't know. I also see some seat parts, and what looks like a sidecar frame bracket. I'm going to guess the gas tank is 1912 single because there is no valve recess. The rest is a mystery to me.
    Last edited by exeric; 01-09-2020, 01:52 PM.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

I agree with Eric.
      Is any of it for sale?
      PM me please if it is. I see a few bits that I could use.
      Thanks
      Mark
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Those washer looking parts are the coaster brake friction stack . I don't know when they started, but my 13 has it.
        Dan Margolien
        Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
        Www.yankeechapter.org
        Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

In the foreground of the washer photo is the throw out mechanism of the 12, 13, 14, ?? For the clutch in the rear wheel. The clutch pack is probably part of the 12 up, my 26 JD clutch plates are the exact same in the 13.
          Dan Margolien
          Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
          Www.yankeechapter.org
          Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Dan
            I’m gonna email you too

Comment

Thanks everyone !

Comment

Working...
              X