Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'FLH' Decal on oil tank confusion?

Hi all.
    I have a question regarding the 'FLH' oil tank decal.
    According to my 1958 to 1968 Parts book the 61776-56 Transfer fits '56-'60 FL and FLH.

Is this correct? I have a '59 FL and would like to know if I should have one of these on my Oil Tank.
    Wouldn't the FLH decal only be fitted to FLH's?

Many thanks in anticipation. The knowledge base on this forum is a source of constant amazement to me!

Regards,
    Grahame Maker.
    England.
    AMCA member 18292

59 Pan
    64 Pan
    65 Pan
    73 FLH
    77 FLH
    77 Shovel Bobber
    96 1200 Sportster Bobber
    02 Fatboy

The FLH decal was not installed on FL models.
    VPH-D

Comment

Keep in mind that parts books are often misleading and occasionally outright wrong. It is best to use the one closest to the manufacture date of the bike in question as over time parts can be listed merely because they work or replace something earlier, not because they were original equipment.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Brilliant! It seemed a bit obvious but I wanted to check with the experts. I'm trying to restore the bike as correct as possible.
        Many thanks!
        Grahame.

Comment

Thanks Robbie.
          You've confirmed what I have always thought when I have seen parts listed before that I have been convinced don't necessarily belong where the parts book says they do. But as this was a trim/finish item I just wanted to be really sure. I recently bought this bike and it has one. It didn't seem right to me. When I finish restoration it won't have one.
          Many thanks to you and VPH-D for the rapid response.
          Where would we all be without you!!
          Grahame.

Comment

Working...
          X