Dc 7 throttle cable clamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dc 7 throttle cable clamp

Does anyone have a part number/discription/picture of the throttle cable clamp for a 1966 FLH. I recently acquired a DC 7 carb from a fellow AMCA member for my 66 flh. I’m was told that V twin had repop throttle cable clamps. I looked there and they were for 70-72 xlch. Colony has two versions one the same as the v twin and another for earlier sportster/k models has a 90 degree bend in it. These may be correct seeing that the dc carbs were used on sportys for a few years and the one year only FLH was overlooked. With my very limited knowledge of sportys, I seem to remember that sporty dc carbs mounted on the left side had the float bowl reversed from what my dc 7 is. Not sure if that has any bearing on the cable clamp. Clarification would be appreciated. Thank Doniii

I seem to remember that sporty dc carbs mounted on the left side had the float bowl reversed from what my dc 7 is.
    Sporty carbs mount same as Big Twin, the left side one was Servi-Car.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Not sure what’s worse... my knowledge on sportys or my memory.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the info gentlemen. Speeding Big Twin , for some reason the exploded view I have does not include the clamp.
          Looks like I’m going to have a hard time finding that part. But at least I know what I’m looking for come swap meet season.
          I’m probably going to make do with a similar colony part for now.
          Thank Doniii

Comment

Same part for Sportsters so shouldn't be too hard to find.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by DonIII View Post
              Thanks for the info gentlemen. Speeding Big Twin , for some reason the exploded view I have does not include the clamp.
              Looks like I’m going to have a hard time finding that part. But at least I know what I’m looking for come swap meet season.
              I’m probably going to make do with a similar colony part for now.
              Thank Doniii

You're welcome. Not all exploded views show the bracket. Even my 58–68 H-D Big Twin catalog doesn’t include it. The two pages I posted above are from my 61–71 H-D Big Twin catalog.

As Robbie mentioned, the same bracket was used for Sportsters. Two pages below are from my H-D catalog for K-series and 57 Sportster.
              Eric

Comment

Working...
              X