Looking for correct color wiring for a 1945 UL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for correct color wiring for a 1945 UL

Does any one make a good wiring harness for a 1945 UL with all the correct color wires.

Debbie Palmer makes a nice setup, she is on the Bay, I forget her handle, someone here will know. Also a pleasure to deal with for the purchase. Good luck.

Comment

watertowmgrl. I don't think she has anything listed now as all their time is taken up writing the new book. You can buy a correctly made AMERICAN harness from V Twin. If they are in stock.
      Last edited by Chris Haynes; 12-16-2019, 01:16 PM.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I don't know if there is a correctly made harness. The only ones I've found have those baggy asphalt coated looms. The originals had some sort of tightly wound cloth loom. I just put one in a 51fl and the wires were the correct length and colors but the loom sucked. Biggest problem is looks and they dont fit through the bottom of the dash base.

Comment

I don't know if there is a correctly made harness. The only ones I've found have those baggy asphalt coated looms. The originals had some sort of tightly wound cloth loom. I just put one in a 51fl and the wires were the correct length and colors but the loom sucked. Biggest problem is looks and they dont fit through the bottom of the dash base.
          This is true, the asphalt loom is big to get the wires through, the original loom was wound tightly around the wires, how they did this I don't know, all the loom makers died.

Comment

Originally posted by 1950Panhead View Post
            This is true, the asphalt loom is big to get the wires through, the original loom was wound tightly around the wires, how they did this I don't know, all the loom makers died.
            Sadly, that may be true. Be nice if one of their machines still survived and someone put it back to work.

Comment

Working...
            X