Chief speedo cable question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief speedo cable question

Just purchased a repop speedo cable and the drive end came separate from the cable. See attached photo.
    The speedo end is connected to the cable.

Why would this part come separate? And what’s the best way to attach it?

Thanks.
    4528E7CA-0742-4961-A4FA-CEEF048CD26A.jpg

The drive just slides onto the end of the inner cable and isn’t fastened at all, might seem insecure but it works as long as your inner cable is the correct length!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
      The drive just slides onto the end of the inner cable and isn’t fastened at all, might seem insecure but it works as long as your inner cable is the correct length!
      Thanks for the feedback Harry.

The problem is that the inner cable rotates inside the drive piece, even if I take the inner cable out and put it as far up as possible into the drive end. The diameter of the cable is smaller then the diameter of where it slides into the drive.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Hmmm....square drive on the inner cable end is smaller than the square female hole on the drive piece? If you’ve got the square male end on the inner cable and it’s too small to fit in and turn the drive piece then maybe Kiwi/Greer/Starklite can send you one that fits? Sorry, that’s all I’ve got at this point!
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
          Hmmm....square drive on the inner cable end is smaller than the square female hole on the drive piece? If you’ve got the square male end on the inner cable and it’s too small to fit in and turn the drive piece then maybe Kiwi/Greer/Starklite can send you one that fits? Sorry, that’s all I’ve got at this point!
          There isn't a square drive the inner cable, maybe thats the issue, or the wrong drive piece. The package that the cable came in was opened, so maybe something missing or someone had the sae issue and returned the cable.

I'll call the vendor today.

Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something that was right in front of me!
          Thanks.

Comment

Where did it come from?
            “People who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it” ― Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by kustomizer View Post
              Where did it come from?
              Starklite. I spoke with Gary and it sounds like the drive end wasn't crimped enough. They are sending out a new part.

Comment

It is always good to hear about the folks that do stand behind their products. Thanks for sharing
                “People who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it” ― Bernard Shaw

Comment

Received a new part and all is good. Thanks to Gary and his team at Starklite.

Comment

Working...
                  X