Bottom trim on buddy seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom trim on buddy seat

Iwas wondering if anybody can help me find a source for the black bottom trim on buddy seat. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by LUVMYSHOVELS View Post
    Iwas wondering if anybody can help me find a source for the black bottom trim on buddy seat. Any help would be appreciated.
    Can you be more specific, Luvmyshovels?

...Cotten
    Attached Files
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Find a supplier of vintage automotive trim and molding. That vinyl welt with spring is not specific to those seats.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks guys. There are a few shops in my area that I can call

Comment

For posterity, IMO:

Robbie is correct. Additional information below in case it’s helpful.

As to the edging for the replaceable type cover for the Super Soft Buddy Seat (aka Super Deluxe Buddy Seat), production version effective as of January 14, 1965 and later, there was some variation, but the edging was generally a black plastic J edge (aka J edging) with a hardness of 98 durometer, a bead on the inside top edge (for the double barbs of each joint clip to dig into), and a tongue on the outside (which is visible along the outside radius below the edge of the cover). The length of the edging was increased, effective August 17, 1965, to 64 ¼ inches.

Opinions based on various sources including, without limitation, research material, writings, and information provided by Worsham Castle Cycle Leather and Michael Paquette.
          Last edited by FCJ; 08-27-2020, 03:43 PM. Reason: Accuracy
          Fletcher Clark Johnston
          AMCA #282

Comment

Working...
          X