No announcement yet.

59' Panhead Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your left clip is consistent with late-1959 or 1960 as I suspected. I think officially the extra material along the bottom of the left clip was introduced with 1960 models but it may have first appeared on some late-59s. Die number 3 is still the lowest I’ve seen inside a left clip.

The grease fitting isn’t original to the swingarm. The factory didn’t install a fitting as original until 1962 models and it’s mentioned in the H-D SM. Any pressure release holes in the pivot bolt housing? If yes then they wouldn't be original. If no then you may need one or two of them. Apparently as of 1963 models the factory began drilling the front of the housing and some housings had one release hole while others had two. Even when they had two holes there were different locations used and you’ll see photos of them in my thread on the P and F forum.

Re the photo of your R-H clip, you may have trimmed it too much because I can’t see die number 7.
    Eric

Comment

I did cut it off hear ya go.
      John
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks John. On a R-H clip I’ve only recorded die number 7 twice before and on both occasions the swingarms overall were a style that preceded yours. Both swingarms had 47614-58 on the left clip but it was outside, as was die number 2. Neither of them had a run number and they had no extra material along the bottom of the left clip.

Anyway, I still think your swingarm is consistent with late-1959 or 1960.
        Eric

Comment

Working...
        X