Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have many Harley WR in the AMCA? just acquired one finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have many Harley WR in the AMCA? just acquired one finally!

I ask because I wonder how many are out there as not that many were made it seems, and likely many did not survive the hard life of racing. After many years searching all over the country I end up finding one nearly in my own back yard! 1948 WR with west coast racing history I can trace back to 1951. Maybe we can start posting pics.
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Couple pics of the WR. Nearly the same owner the whole time. As of now I know it was raced at Sacramento, Chowchilla, Fresno, Tulare, Hanford, and possible at San Jose Calif.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great looking bike Knuck.

I notice it has the later peek a boo cam cover.

I'll hunt out some pics of my 48WR

Comment

That IS a nice WR KNUCK!! When you said you "found one"... I was thinking that it would be a rolling chassis or Barn Find... but your bike is all NICE and new looking! Great find!
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

That is so cool KNUCK! I always like the WR's as well as the XR's from the 70's. Maybe someday one will fall into my lap.
          Craig (Delaware)
          Delaware Bay Chapter
          Perkiomen Chapter
          AMCA Member #1011

Comment

There are actually a fair number of them bouncing around. Some still being raced as well. Wheels Through Time has a bunch. There are also WLDRs still in use. Some projects are very slow moving...

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Nice to see the pics come in of other WR. I sort of feel like a pig but just bought another WR at the Mecum Auction. As I mentioned in another thread here is the link.
              https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0120-39...-hill-climber/

Comment

Needs a little finish work and may paint the tank all black but just what I wanted!

Comment

I think that was one of the bargains of the auction. 41WR is a rare bird and I thought maybe the numbers were strange considering the price was so low. Well done on the purchase

Comment

Thank you, I don't have a close up pic to share but the numbers are real good! Very pleased to see it had the correct MR carburetor and a chromoly frame.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics of my 48

I don't think the chromoly came out until late 40's so we'd better swap fames

Comment

Thanks for posting up! Great looking WR !!

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I think I will stick with the chromoly Dave, or better yet swap it with my 48

Comment

Here's my son on the airfield with my 1950 WRTT. I traced the engine number to the 1951 Maxton Mile, and it has some German race history and is now in Austria. That day we went down the quarter mile with me on my 1934 VDR, and the extra 600 cc made me a 2 to 1 winner, unless he was just being polite...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X